Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Dell Laptop to Dell Monitor

Options
  • 27-04-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Hello.

My current computer setup in work is a Dell Latitude laptop connected to a Dell port which is connected to a monitor. I can place the laptop while closed & off onto the port and by switching the port on, this starts my laptop on the monitor.

My question is, is there any method of doing this with other dell laptops that cannot connect directly to these ports. I have an old Dell XPS and would like to be able to connect this (while it is closed) to my monitor. I know I can start the laptop up and connect it to the monitor via a scart and do the screen switch thing, but I was hoping there was a more convenient way of doing this.

Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement