Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving in, readings ok, mprn ok - no-one call tell me supplier

Options
  • 27-04-2016 7:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm moving into an apt this weekend and the estate agent is less than useless in regards to who currently is the electricity supplier.

I have the day/night final readings and mprn of new place, how can I find out supplier to give them final readings!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

ESB Networks would have that information, although sometimes they can be funny about telling you. They'll need the MPRN.

If you have no success with them, unfortunately its a matter of calling each supplier and asking if the MPRN is supplied by them. 

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yep and if you're not the registered owner of the account they won't tell you ****.

Best thing to do is sign up with a new company and give them the readings. When they send the 010 to take over the account they will include them in the message the previous company recieves. 

The new company will then bill you from that period onwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Cheers for the replies, I can't believe how brutal the estate agent is, doesn't look great for any future problems!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Set up with supplier of your choice and give them the start readings. They will give the final readings to Networks who will pass these on to the current supplier, you don't need to give them readings or worry about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi Sir Oxman,

Thanks for your message.

Lenoude, DrumSteve, and Lollipop Jimmy are all correct in the information they have provided you.

If you are unsure of the current supplier of the property we would advise registering with your chosen electricity provider (if you wish to register with Electric Ireland you can do so online here), and they will close the account with they previous supplier.

We hope this helps. Should you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Thanks Brige

Advertisement