Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin counting machine in Ennis?

• 27-04-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Does anyone know of any around Ennis? I have a big jar full one 1c, 2c & 5c that would take hours to count and bag.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I think there's one in Tesco?
    They charge 10% or something

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's 1 in the Centra in Tobertaiscain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

As far as I know Centra on the Gort Road have one. (Old Sheils)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It's not worth bringing them to a machine that'll take €10 from you for every €100 counted. Next time you're in the bank ask them for some coin bags and do it yourself. Last month I counted and bagged nearly €1000 which paid for a stag weekend in Berlin at the weekend.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's not worth bringing them to a machine that'll take €10 from you for every €100 counted. Next time you're in the bank ask them for some coin bags and do it yourself. Last month I counted and bagged nearly €1000 which paid for a stag weekend in Berlin at the weekend.

This is great advice, but remember that banks may only take coins at certain times during the day and might also apply a charge. Another option is to try the cashier less tills in Tesco and Dunnes, they take coins I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,649 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

The post office will take bagged coins any time, any day.

The post office will take bagged coins any time, any day.

Very good point and amusing considering that the coin counting machine in Centra is at the entrance to the Post Office

Advertisement