Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

920xt not recognising stroke

Options
  • 27-04-2016 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Apologies of this is the wrong place for this, and mod please move it if it is.

I have just purchased a new 920XT over the weekend, and took it down to the pool for a trial.

So, I did my swim session - all freestyle - and have just viewed it on Garmin Connect. It is showing most of the session as backstroke with the odd freestyle thrown in.

Has anyone come across this before, or is it trying to tell me that my technique is completely screwed up :o.

Thanks
    G

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭topcat77

Never had an issue with stroke recognition. I whare mine with the face under the arm (palm side). What's STD of swimmer are you

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Thanks Topcat,

I might try that, and swap wrists and see what else I can do.

Swam 2.5K this evening, avg pace of of 1.48 min/100m. I am hoping that with the watch I can keep better track of my times, and improve a bit.

G

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

I have just purchased a new 920XT over the weekend, and took it down to the pool for a trial.

Are you updated to the most recent firmware version?

If it is new it may be on an older software version as updates are pretty regular so if it was a bug it should be ironed out by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

you really should invest the cost of the garmin in swim technique classes ;-) ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭TopOfTheHill

Thanks sconhome - Software version is 6.20, so believe that is the latest.
    I will try a few things later in the pool and see what happens.
    peter kern wrote: »
    you really should invest the cost of the garmin in swim technique classes ;-) ;-)

I thought the watch would do that for me ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

Thanks sconhome - Software version is 6.20, so believe that is the latest.
    I will try a few things later in the pool and see what happens.

I thought the watch would do that for me ;)

thats the 980 not the 920 .

920 can only tell you that what you do is not freestyle ;-) ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

The "stroke recognition" is a bit useless. I've a 910 also, and it will recognise your stroke better if you tumble turn, and also if you have a more defined stroke.

But its mostly a gimmick and pretty pointless.

Advertisement