Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diamond League Fantasy League

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Yeah, I nicked a win by about 5 points last year due to a massive last day. I think I won the Boards league in 2015 too in the same way. It's actually helped me get into the field side of athletics a lot more, so I've really enjoyed doing it the past two years. Also, when I think about all the real-life track races I missed in 2015 and 2016, my two virtual fantasy diamond league trophies are a massive consolation and source of comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

I'll give it a shot again this year. Haven't managed to get a full season yet but here's hoping.

The link is in the first post but here it is again for anyone who is interested

http://www.fantasydiamondrace.com/login.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Butterbeans

I've just registered and request sent to join Boards group. My knowledge in this field is fairly limited so it should be interesting. Now to pick my team!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Signed up again this year. A lot of guesswork I week 1.

• Advertisement

Damn you Kiely:pac:

I actually had a pretty good week outside of my captains pick which made a huge difference, Was sure there would be an MR in the steeple so took the risk as I wasn't too sure about the others, picked Jebet though so that hurt me.

Still, a better start than last year when my captain didn't even bother her arse showing up:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

El Caballo wrote: »
    Damn you Kiely:pac:

I actually had a pretty good week outside of my captains pick which made a huge difference, Was sure there would be an MR in the steeple so took the risk as I wasn't too sure about the others, picked Jebet though so that hurt me.

Still, a better start than last year when my captain didn't even bother her arse showing up:pac:

Well, if there's one thing I learned from last year, it is to choose distance events as a last resort especially early in the season. :)

Happy enough with my selection but really should have picked Caster as captain. She's liable to run any sort of crazy fast time.

Great to have the Diamond League back in general. Love having some high class athletics to watch of a Friday evening.

At this rate of attrition, it looks like the boards.ie league might be done by June!

Sacksian wrote: »
    At this rate of attrition, it looks like the boards.ie league might be done by June!

Ha ha, its the same case very year. In fairness, they could do with sending out a reminder e-mail before the meets with a bit of a preview maybe.

Great call on putting Manyonga as your captain. Could be down to a head to head battle between the two of us again this year excpet this time I'm going to win :D

I just need a week or two to figure out the few field eventers that are a guaranteed 15 points each meet. Manyonga. Tick.

Sacksian wrote: »

Dammit! I had 7 picked on Thursday evening but couldn't decide on the last 2 so said I'd just leave it off until Friday, fell asleep Friday evening then:mad:

I ain't out of this yet tho;)

• Advertisement

El Caballo wrote: »
    Dammit! I had 7 picked on Thursday evening but couldn't decide on the last 2 so said I'd just leave it off until Friday, fell asleep Friday evening then:mad:

I ain't out of this yet tho;)

I missed the double weekend completely so I'm screwed. That's disappointing. I really enjoyed the competitive side to it last year. Will just have to take some moral victories with a few meet wins :D

You can still win missing 2 but obviously I've got the three-in-a-row in my sights now - although I'll probably miss at least one for sure. I just have to maintain my distance to the mysterious ATPKerry!

I nearly missed Stockholm too - I noticed on the Friday morning that some guy had complained about transfers being closed so early and they opened it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

They don't make it easy do they?

The transfers option will be opened at: 7/1/2017 10:00:00 AM(UTC)

Next Event:

Paris (FRA) 7/1/2017

All complaints are referred to post #2 in this thread!

But I am remembering to enter a team, I just can't. The window for entering a team seems to be 10am Saturday until they lock it down which is presumably sometime in the afternoon.

For Stockholm, I think it was, the deadline originally closed the day before the meet, having only been open for a few hours that day (because it was so close to Oslo). I had missed it, but someone complained and they opened it again. I can't believe they'll leave it so late for Paris - I'll definitely log in on Friday and at least have a dummy team picked.

Are we doing this again?

http://www.fantasydiamondrace.com/

Boards.ie League
    League Pin : 3091815

If anyone want to join.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭fishy21

I just joined the league. Im coming 3rd in the overall league so trying to stay near the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Safiri

I'm miles behind but will try again this year. In 4 years of doing this; I have never managed to finish it out so that's the goal this whether I miss meets or not

• Advertisement

Safiri wrote: »
    I'm miles behind but will try again this year. In 4 years of doing this; I have never managed to finish it out so that's the goal this whether I miss meets or not

You just need to keep an eye on the diamond league calendar, next one is Eugene Friday week. Good luck.

I was tied for a top spot last year in one of the meets and it went to a tie breaker, I was hoping for a little diamond throphy but I didnt get there in the end.

fishy21 wrote: »
    You just need to keep an eye on the diamond league calendar, next one is Eugene Friday week. Good luck.

I was tied for a top spot last year in one of the meets and it went to a tie breaker, I was hoping for a little diamond throphy but I didnt get there in the end.

The windows catch me out, they seem so random when they open and close.

Do they not give the signed singlets anymore? I've been the top 5 overall a good few times but can never get that top spot.

The windows catch me out, they seem so random when they open and close.

Do they not give the signed singlets anymore? I've been the top 5 overall a good few times but can never get that top spot.

No i think they give just a little diamond throphy. the winner at the end of the year gets lots of merchandise i think.
    I cant see my name on the boards.ie league, maybe it has to be approved when you join or something.

The deadlines are usually a bit random alright but I think most of them close about 6 hours before the first event. Best to check the day before.

fishy21 wrote: »
    No i think they give just a little diamond throphy. the winner at the end of the year gets lots of merchandise i think.
    I cant see my name on the boards.ie league, maybe it has to be approved when you join or something.

The deadlines are usually a bit random alright but I think most of them close about 6 hours before the first event. Best to check the day before.

Yeah, you have to get approved by the league addmin. I'm not sure if it was me or kielyunusual who set up this league. I'll give my old email address a look up in a while to see if anything popped up.

Yeah, you have to get approved by the league addmin. I'm not sure if it was me or kielyunusual who set up this league. I'll give my old email address a look up in a while to see if anything popped up.

It's Kielyunusual, found this post:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103403324&postcount=59

Best bet would be to drop him a PM, I haven't seen him post on here in a good whil.

It's Kielyunusual, found this post:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103403324&postcount=59

Best bet would be to drop him a PM, I haven't seen him post on here in a good whil.

thanks for that and good luck!

Advertisement