Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witch hazel

Options
  • 27-04-2016 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi..does anyone know where I can buy witch hazel? I've tried Boots and a few health shops but no joy. I want to use the witch hazel (diluted) on post-labour stitches. There's a witch hazel gel available that contains alcohol but I'm afraid the alcohol will be too harsh on such a sensitive area!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

I bought it in boots, it was in the first aid section I think, with random stuff like surgical spirits and rosewater. That was 18 months ago though, but it was amazing!! The relief!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I got it from my local pharmacy, I asked and they had it behind the counter.

I found it great, really helped me after my last birth!

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

I got it in Boots, i asked for it at the pharmacy desk and she took it out from a drawer behind the counter so guess it wasn't on the shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

I got it in Sam McAuleys recently

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Teeley

Thanks for all the replies! It seems like it's more widely available than I thought. I'll check out Boots again and local pharmacies. Good to hear it's effective too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I usually get mine in Holland & Barrett.

Advertisement