Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare trilogy remastered.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'd like to play CoD 4 MW again alright with better visuals but no interest in the others. It all went down hill after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

:(

Easy cash in.
    Sick of remasters.

COD4 as Chaos said was a good singleplayer, and the BEST of the COD games in terms of Multiplayer. :)
    However it still looks good on Max settings.
    MW2 and MW3 look ever better on Max settings, so I don't see how a remaster will really help.

I'd be more excited if they really 'remastered' the original COD , COD:UO and COD2 to modern day graphics !

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

SeantheMan wrote: »
    :(

However it still looks good on Max settings.
    MW2 and MW3 look ever better on Max settings, so I don't see how a remaster will really help
    Consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I'd love to dust of my copy of Cod4. Sniping from the tower block in Priaprit was very very cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I worry that it could be just the single-player campaign. Not sure how likely Activision would be to split the online CoD player base - it's hard to sell €50 season passes for Infinite Warfare if everyone is playing CoD4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

bloody ridiculous, if they want they can just make them all backwards compatible, but no do a "remaster" and force people to pay out the extra 50 or so for 3 games they probably have sitting at home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

recyclops wrote: »
    bloody ridiculous, if they want they can just make them all backwards compatible, but no do a "remaster" and force people to pay out the extra 50 or so for 3 games they probably have sitting at home.

50? I think they would charge over 100 for it and include all the DLC etc for them all if they are doing it. Would love to play some MW2 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

And this from yesterday

ChCaYvOWgAAB6ZM.jpg

Should get official confirmation by Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Wonder how they'll do MP, will MW1/2/3 be gametypes.

Haven't got a COD game since BOPs 2 but definitely will get this, if not else just for the MP.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I hope they redesign all the MP maps and add jetpack/booster functionality.
    :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think there's two separate rumours at work here. The one I've seen and that I think could be more likely is a remastered version of CoD4 included as a bonus with Infinite Warfare. Not sure how realistic the remastered trilogy is.

Same, I think it's just COD4 MW being remastered.

Activision testing the market to see should they go back to basics maybe???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Really don't care about the new CODs, but if this remaster is a proper, working, non-hacked multiplayer version of COD4, I'll buy it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What are the chances they completely ruin the PC version? The original COD4 on PC was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What will the little kiddies do without their jetpacks in a remastered COD4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

What will the little kiddies do without their jetpacks in a remastered COD4 :D

Dolphin dive.

Recently reinstalled COD4 and played some MP 1st few servers were people just swimming around the server.

Found a few decent servers tho in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

What are the chances they completely ruin the PC version? The original COD4 on PC was perfect.

Indeed, I'd argue one of if not THE best shooter of the last 15 years.

But I doubt a remaster on PC (there won't be one surely) would have everyone back playing COD4.

COD4 after the first year had HUGE input by the modding scene in relation to Maps etc for the community. Most of the hardcore players who still play wouldn't leave them game for the vanilla one because they'd most likely lose all that content.

I played with a clan (until I moved here) for 7 years, and they STILL play COD4 in leagues etc....mostly with those custom maps.

bmmdztD.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Having played the trilogy on 360 and PS3 I see no reason whatsoever to remaster the franchise..
    Surely what the bulk of the COD community really would want is a DLC pack of the classic multiplayer maps, seeing as few people revisit the single player campaigns after completion.
    That said, I picked them up again recently for the PS3 and had a quick shot of the opening missions and it was still beautiful to look at and fantastic to play, so why mess with them or is there are sizable community of COD players that have missed the MW trilogy completely?
    Well, a quick wiki later and the last MW game was in 2011... so five years ago, perhaps there are some folk who came to the PS4/XBox One as their first machines or they've turned 15 and have yet to sample the delights of being sneaky sneaky around a snow filled Russian disaster zone in a ghillie suit.

CoD4 MW, the only one being remastered btw, is almost 9 years old, so for console gamers like myself it's a huge deal. Great to play it again with new graphics, I just wish I could buy it as a standalone and not with the new CoD game that looks like Halo from the box art.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,220 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Blops 2 on backwards compatibility would be more exciting but I'll take what I can get :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

They will leave the game the same but you can now buy Hats :D

They will leave the game the same but you can now buy Hats :D

I can imagine the rainbow ghillie suits already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Having played the trilogy on 360 and PS3 I see no reason whatsoever to remaster the franchise..
    Surely what the bulk of the COD community really would want is a DLC pack of the classic multiplayer maps, seeing as few people revisit the single player campaigns after completion.
    For me Call of Duty 4 was one of the best FPS campaigns I have ever played. So I am delighted to see it get remastered.

I'd buy just that instead of this "Infinite Halo Jumping Jet pack boosting Warfare" rubbish (Most likely :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Wouldn't that be the COD4 maps with new COD mechanics? I don't think that's what people want!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Dont really see the appeal,was a great game for its time but ive no major pang to go back and play a game ive already put over 400hrs into.

A few games for nostalgia is not worth the €50+ Activision will innevitably charge for it also IMO.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wouldn't that be the COD4 maps with new COD mechanics? I don't think that's what people want!

Would it not be easy to implement an optional rule set for those who want to play in the original style, and have that as default?
    I don't know, I only ever played the series' single player campaigns anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Sweet. COD4 is the best by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Only 10MP maps?, didn't the game have like 24 (including the 4 dlc maps)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

100? They'd want to be doing something magical to get me to spend that on a game I've already played to death. Also I'm pretty sure I preferred the MW2 mp maps.

Advertisement