Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Profession Masters of Education - School Placement

Options
  • 27-04-2016 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm due to start a Professional Masters in Education in UL. I'm just wondering if anyone would know anything about the school placement in the course. Is the placement based in Limerick or could you be allocated a school outside Limerick?

Just wondering as I'm looking to try and sort out accommodation and would rather not have to pay for accommodation for the whole year if I'm not going to based in Limerick for the placement.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

I'm not a PME, but 4th year undergrad education.

Chances are you won't be placed in Limerick, they tend to place students actually from Limerick in the Limerick area. When we were going on placement we had to give the placement office a list of 10 towns where we'd like to be placed, and they worked around that to try sort us out.

When do ye go and placement, and for how long? Brookfield Hall let people pay by week afaik, and so you wouldnt have to pay for the weeks you're not there (I think). When I was on placement in 2nd year it was for 6 weeks but I still had to pay for accommodation for those weeks.

Advertisement