Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siemens SPC 5320 - soft programing

Options
  • 28-04-2016 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Managed to get all the expanders and wiring completed.
    All hardware components are working fine.

Now,is time to get the laptop out and connect it to the Panel.

First issue that i have is that i cannot connect to SPC online.
    Created an account,validated but then the portal says that cannot find a panel with that ID when i try to add t.

The requiredID is the "xxx" in the window,while the username is engineer with associated password /code !?

Any advice ,what i'm i doing wrong please !?

Thanks.

384480.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To connect to SPC Connect the unique ID is the encryption key shown in Communications /FlexC /ATS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

KoolKid wrote: »
    To connect to SPC Connect the unique ID is the encryption key shown in Communications /FlexC /ATS

Thanks.
    It was fine with the 4320 but this one is not showing any encryption string at all but status is OK !

384489.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can you goto the location via the browser and post up what it's showing.

I can't access the panel via browser.Tried Firefox and IE.
    I can ping it,i can do a ports scan and see port 80 open.
    Just timing out.

Well...i think its time to meet you ! :)
    PM on the way...

Are you on fixed or dynamic IP?
    Are you connecting via https?

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you on fixed or dynamic IP?
    Are you connecting via https?

Tried both and both.
    I keep changing networks, IPs and routers.I can connect fine with SPC via IP but not using browser ...going nuts here... :(

384497.jpg

384498.jpg

So are you browsing to https://192.168.100.103:80

Fix it...
    I had to disable "SSL enabled" in the settings and web access working now !
    Could be a bug OR something with my browser(s).

Let me check the SPC Connect...

LE
    No.just the IP addresss,without any ports numbers.

LLE
    All ok, thanks !
    Now i understand why"some" people preffers HKC ! :)

384501.jpg

Few more fedback,good and bad,all from a DIYer point of work !
    Overall,i'm happy so far,with the solution near completion.
    A final picture of the system,before closing the lids and label the cabling.

Text Alerts

To send a text to cller works fine and quick.Kind of limited in options but does the job.
    I would like more features or user friendly but i guess i have to live with it.

Receiving texts from cller
    -to get a status report,sometime it sends a line(s) with open zones NO 1,2,3,45 and ... do i need to remember all the zones numbers ? Kind of crazy or could be a bug.

385645.jpg

-i setup cller to send me a status update text every hour and gets it exactly on the dot. Kind of heartbeat, to make sure all ok in there.

385646.jpg

-sometime,the communication cller - me is kind of encrypted,i need to sit down and translate it...Status report gives me some info and on "fset" what zones ,again,are my 50 zones named and positioned,no idea.

385648.jpg

385647.jpg

Internet connectivity
    Setup cller on the SPC web site and is working great.
    Once logged in the site,from there I have full access to panel like i'm connected on the local network.

Alerts via emails
    However,one major stepback is the content / formatting of the email.
    The information that is irrelevant to me is in big fonts and bolded.
    The zone with the attack or the sensor that caused the alert is in the smallest possible font size !! I have to open the email and zoom /enlarge it to read the trouble...

385644.jpg

Mobile Application
    I havent use it /test it yet.

385650.jpg

Waiting for few more parts (PIRs external,cabling,expander,output junction box,battery) and i will lets get started with programming !!!

Areas, Zones, Cause and Effect, Calendars, Outputs, X10 ... nice !

• Advertisement
Advertisement