Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to e-mail re possible phishing attempt?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

shoutman wrote: »
    I received this http://media.boimail.com/lp/l/769297/5fb8d0de1389c9c0abd9c60738cbd6c2/134476811 via email today, and due to the email address info@boimail.com and details, it just seemed like a potential phishing attempt.

It was sent to my work e-mail; I am an administrator for a number of accounts for the company which I work for.

Is there someone I can email in relation to this.
    Hi shoutman, 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

This is a legitimate email sent to our customers by Bank of Ireland asking you to carry out a quick survey. Generally a phishing email will look for your account or log in details by asking you to click on a fraudulent link. If you receive any fraudulent emails claiming to be from Bank of Ireland please forward them to 365security@boi.com and then delete the email. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

shoutman wrote: »
    I received this http://media.boimail.com/lp/l/769297/5fb8d0de1389c9c0abd9c60738cbd6c2/134476811 via email today, and due to the email address info@boimail.com and details, it just seemed like a potential phishing attempt.

It was sent to my work e-mail; I am an administrator for a number of accounts for the company which I work for.

Is there someone I can email in relation to this.
    Hi shoutman, 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

This is a legitimate email sent to our customers by Bank of Ireland asking you to carry out a quick survey. Generally a phishing email will look for your account or log in details by asking you to click on a fraudulent link. If you receive any fraudulent emails claiming to be from Bank of Ireland please forward them to 365security@boi.com and then delete the email. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks for the quick response - I think it was the microsoft word style shadow across the €1,000 that threw me off!

Advertisement