Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle coffee cup holder

Options
  • 28-04-2016 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a coffee cup holder for a bicycle. Has anyone seen any available in town? I know they are available online but I was hoping to get one before the weekend.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Extraplus wrote: »
    I'm looking to buy a coffee cup holder for a bicycle. Has anyone seen any available in town? I know they are available online but I was hoping to get one before the weekend.

Thanks!

I've never realised that there was such a thing. I couldn't imagine myself cycling and drinking coffee at the same time, trying to not get run over by a bus/car/truck in Dublin city centre takes up all my concentration!

Sorry I can't be off any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Use a sealed travel cup in a normal bike bottle holder?

Alternatively I think I've seen handle bar mounted bottle holders in Tiger in their bikes accessory section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I'm sorry but is that not totally careless? How can you cycle safely whilst sipping a cup of hot coffee. Unless you just intend to use it to transport coffee from one place to another!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

VonLuck wrote: »
    I'm sorry but is that not totally careless? How can you cycle safely whilst sipping a cup of hot coffee. Unless you just intend to use it to transport coffee from one place to another!

Not careless at all - many cyclists eat and drink on their bikes while cycling.

As for the question posed by the OP, I use a CamelBak Forge and it sits well, if a little loose, in one of my bottle cages.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Thanks for the replies folks. I had a look around town today and couldn't find anything so I'll have to order online and wait.

To be clear, it is more for transporting a take away coffee, rather than drinking it while cycling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Try Tiger in the GPO Arcade or on Nassau St, I seen them in Tiger in Blanch yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

Try Tiger in the GPO Arcade or on Nassau St, I seen them in Tiger in Blanch yesterday.

Thanks a mil Gavin, I had looked in Tiger last week and the didn't have them so I hadn't bothered to try there yesterday. Got sorted in the one in Stephen's Green today.

Advertisement