Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query on Installation Scheduled Yesterday

Options
  • 28-04-2016 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭

Hi eir,

I am / was with Sky for TV, phone and fibre broadband.

I was scheduled to have an eir technician arrive yesterday to do my installation. The email I got confirming this said that the technician would be installing my eir fibre broadband and my eir Vision service. 

I wasn't at home yesterday so my wife was there when the technician arrived at 9AM. My wife said he ran some tests, said there was "something up" and "doesn't know how we get anything on the line".

The line had been working fine - we typically get between 40 and 60 mbps at the moment. 

He left the line disabled for two hours, came back around 11, did something else then came back again at 2pm. Said there was something wrong with the whole road and they'd need to come back some other day. Was going to leave when my wife pointed out our broadband connection was now down. He re-connected it and that was it. No Vision installed, still using the Sky router.

I phoned the support number 1800 580 500 this morning to find out what had happened and when the technician would be back. I spoke to someone and was then on hold for about 15 minutes. When the rep came back he told me that the technician had installed the phone line which takes 2 - 3 days to become active on the eir system, and once it was active I should ring back in to a different number (1800 690 000) to reschedule the Vision and fibre broadband installation.

I tried to explain that the emails I'd received to date stated that Vision & broadband were to be installed yesterday, and the rep also wasn't able to give any information about the mysterious fault on my line or my whole road that the technician referenced when he was here. I was just told I should wait until next week, then ring back in and schedule another technician.

Could someone shed some light here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there, Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear this. Depending on how your order was placed would depend on how it is installed.If  it was a full install your line would installed firstly & once this is active & we can test for broadbandb we would then rearrange for a separate installation for the broadband & TV. Please feel free to PM your order number or account number & I can have a further look into this. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Thanks, pm sent with a/c number 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Thank you Branoic,

Stacey is currently working through her PM's and will be with you shortly.

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Hi

I'm getting pretty frustrated here.

I've sent a couple of PMs over the last two days but haven't had a reply.

I signed up for broadband & TV almost a month ago and so far haven't had an installation. 

The eircom modem was meant to be delivered to me Tuesday or Wednesday this week for me to plug in, and the TV was to be installed today.

There has been no sign of the modem being delivered, and then obviously when the technician arrived today to do the TV he couldn't do anything without the eir modem. 

Its turning into a bit of a farce and its now going to be another week or more before I get set up.

When does the 14 day cooling off period for cancellations start? Date of install or date of contract?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Branoic wrote: »
    Hi

I'm getting pretty frustrated here.

I've sent a couple of PMs over the last two days but haven't had a reply.

I signed up for broadband & TV almost a month ago and so far haven't had an installation. 

The eircom modem was meant to be delivered to me Tuesday or Wednesday this week for me to plug in, and the TV was to be installed today.

There has been no sign of the modem being delivered, and then obviously when the technician arrived today to do the TV he couldn't do anything without the eir modem. 

Its turning into a bit of a farce and its now going to be another week or more before I get set up.

When does the 14 day cooling off period for cancellations start? Date of install or date of contract?
    Hi  Branoic,

I'm so sorry to hear this, I can understand your frustration completely with these delays.
    Can you PM me your details and I will look into this today.

-Pamela

• Advertisement
Advertisement