Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sulphate free shampoo disaster

Options
  • 28-04-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

So my hairdresser recommended sulphate free shampoo and conditioner. Got salon brand. Been using it for about 8 weeks. My scalp is itchy dry and I have dandruff... ewww... must be the new products. I also don't feel like my hair is washed properly afterwards.

Anybody have any similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

is it Kitoko range by any chance? My hairdresser recommended it for my very dry scalp. didnt seem to make a difference and like you my hair didn't feel properly washed. I told the hairdresser said that I mustn't be rinsing it out properly, I feel I was. Im using the new loreal extraordinary clay range at the minute. my dry scalp is a bit better and my hair feels like its washed.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭SATSUMA

Thanks Molly, its the Sebastian range by Wella. I continued using it because it was so expensive. Never again! I have dry curly hair, could go a week without it going greasy, now its greasy on day 2. That range obviously just doesnt suit me.

I have heard loads about the clay range.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've been using sulphate-free shampoos and conditioners for the last 12-18 months, and I can't say I've noticed any difference :confused:. My hair is still dry, the roots still get greasy and my highlights still go brassy if I don't use purple shampoo regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Hi OP do you use much of the sulphate free shampoo when you are washing your hair?. I recently read a blog post about a few different sulphate free shampoos and one common thing is that most of them don't really lather up. So is there a chance you have been using too much product trying to get a lather? I've never used sulphate free products myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Google a range called MOP. I haven't looked back,their products are amazing and also natural. I think they can only be gotten online I haven't found a stockist here yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

This range in particular worked great for me but they have various ones.

The treatment is unreal!

https://www.mophair.com/mop-hair-c-system/

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭fima

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Hi OP do you use much of the sulphate free shampoo when you are washing your hair?. I recently read a blog post about a few different sulphate free shampoos and one common thing is that most of them don't really lather up. So is there a chance you have been using too much product trying to get a lather? I've never used sulphate free products myself.

I have just started using sulphate free shampoo and i reverse wash my hair. If you just condition your hair and then rub instead of scrub shampoo into your hair I find it works really well just by ensuring the whole head (not roots) has been conditioned then shampoo lightly by rubbing shampoo in and squeezing out the excess conditioner with shampoo along lengths of hair until your hair squeaks :)

Advertisement