Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Perfect fit??

• 28-04-2016 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭mickwat155

Hey folks..

I'm looking to get into a bit of running and I'd like a bit of help.. What would be a good sort of runner for use on tarmac that would be comfort and not severe on my feet for less then €100

Thanks inadvance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Peoples feet and the way they run is different. Check out going to a running shop and getting a gait test done and they can advise you what should suit you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,659 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Peoples feet and the way they run is different. Check out going to a running shop and getting a gait test done and they can advise you what should suit you.

I would suggest a gait analysis in Amphibian King or Runways ahead of a running shops where you're more likely to be recommended a show that they sell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

mickwat155 wrote: »
    Hey folks..

I'm looking to get into a bit of running and I'd like a bit of help.. What would be a good sort of runner for use on tarmac that would be comfort and not severe on my feet for less then €100

Thanks inadvance :)
    http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1412

Might be a better forum

I think runways shut down
    Got my last runners there

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think runways shut down
    Got my last runners there

I did think I heard that alright but I couldn't find anything on them closing.

Plenty on Dublin Airport though...

• Advertisement

:D
    They told me they were closing when i went in that time, signs up and loads of stuff all over the place or packed away

bluewolf wrote: »
    :D
    They told me they were closing when i went in that time, signs up and loads of stuff all over the place or packed away

I searched again and got a link to this thread where you posted it 6 months ago.

So, OP, Amphibian King is yizzer only man.

Of course you could go get a pair of runners without it but it just increases the risk of injury when you could reduce that risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Wottle

Base2race (B2R) in ballymount. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

I think Elverys do it too. Though possibly they only do it as part of selling you those mouldable insoles (can't remember the name). Far as I know they'll do the gait analysis first and you're under no obligation to buy the insoles. I did though and found them quite good. The way I justified it (in me head :)) was I spent the €40 on the insoles and then didn't need to spend as much on a runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I picked up a pair of skecher go run4's today in tkmax for €40. Took them for a spin this afternoon and they were nice.

Not a hardened runner like some here but trying to build up fitness .

• Advertisement
Advertisement