Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munster vs Edinburgh, Fri 29th April 7:35pm; TG4

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

FFS, why the ref felt the need to go up stairs I don't know, either give it or let it play out, just hold hte scrum now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

No try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Can't give that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Roll over the line here

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Aboy CJ, no point in taking a risk there at the scrum

• Advertisement

GET IN

Now that's a fckin try!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Whew. Job done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Thank fcuk for that. In front of the posts too, lovely stuff

Yeeeeeeeessssss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Thank Christ!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Cronin killed Saili to get him over the line

Bonus point and no point for Edinburgh gives us a bit of breathing space next week so we have to keep they out here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Thank goodness for that.

moleyv wrote: »
    Cronin killed Saili to get him over the line

He'd have killed his mother to get a try there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Won't be travelling to the backarse of Russia now for European rugby ???

/
    Lot of work to do though for next season

Right, take the minute for the penalty, stroll up to the line, maul it as far as you can and then kick it out, keep it f**king simple

What a mad Pro12 run-in. If Scarlets and Ulster lose tomorrow then suddenly Munster can make the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Can anyone explain to me why Munster got that last scrum? There was no evidence that the ball made it to the line to be held up. So surely because it was a maul it should have been an Edinburgh scrum because the ball was unplayable.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Won't be travelling to the backarse of Russia now for European rugby ???

/
    Lot of work to do though for next season

Lot to do next week yet, but at least our destiny is in our own hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Munsster fans now become massive Dragons/Ospreys fans

Who the f**k kicked that ball?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭kuang1

Sounds like I may have avoided shortening my life significantly by not getting out of work in time to watch that!

Phew though.

We were the better team... By a mile... But nerves settled in and nearly cost us
    Deserved win and better times ahead

5 - 0 win. I'll take the result, delighted with it. But jeez we play some crap at times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Clareman wrote: »

Conway kicked the grubber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Deserved. Just about.

He was right, he got screamed at by the team, bench, crowd, me and my dead grandmother!

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

molloyjh wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me why Munster got that last scrum? There was no evidence that the ball made it to the line to be held up. So surely because it was a maul it should have been an Edinburgh scrum because the ball was unplayable.

If the ref stops the game to go to the tmo, and the tmo has nothing to add ie says the game should have continued, it's a scrum to the team that was in possession. Doesn't matter if they would likely have turned it over if he hadn't stopped the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

molloyjh wrote:

Munster had gone through another phase or two before the ref called it up, so if it never crossed the line, they were just going to next phase. Ref called it up in open play, so Munster retain possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Were you like me, thinking they had scored only 3 tries?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Thank ****!

Munster will need to beat Scarlets if Cardiff win their remaining two matches: Ospreys in PS and Edinburgh away.

Munster will need to beat Scarlets if Cardiff win their remaining two matches: Ospreys in PS and Edinburgh away.

I think that is 30/70 personally

Yea.once the red stops the play in that instance attacking team retains possession

• Advertisement

In fact, Leinster whoop Ulster tomorrow, we're playing for a semi final place in our last game

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

"The Musgrave".

I think the PR bunnies will be having a word with Conway about that. What a kick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yea.once the red stops the play in that instance attacking team retains possession

That seems a bit ridiculous. Munster didn't make the line and couldn't get the ball back. That's a turnover all day long. If I was an Edinburgh fan I'd be hugely pissed off about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

So, with one game left to play out of 22, Munster could still win the Pro 12 or might not even qualify for the Champions Cup. Incredible.

In fact, Leinster whoop Ulster tomorrow, we're playing for a semi final place in our last game

It will be close. No Fitzgerald starting for Leinster is massive. He's by far their best back.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

So, with one game left to play out of 22, Munster could still win the Pro 12 or might not even qualify for the Champions Cup. Incredible.
    Let's remember what yon Saxon foe keep repeating: the Pro12 isn't competitive.

molloyjh wrote: »
    That seems a bit ridiculous. Munster didn't make the line and couldn't get the ball back. That's a turnover all day long. If I was an Edinburgh fan I'd be hugely pissed off about that.

But
    Dem d rules

There's less than 3 wins between first and 6th in the league, in the English and French leagues it's 3 wins between 1st and 4th in the league, taking standard of play out of the equation it could be said that the Pro12 is a far more competitive league.

There's less than 3 wins between first and 6th in the league, in the English and French leagues it's 3 wins between 1st and 4th in the league, taking standard of play out of the equation it could be said that the Pro12 is a far more competitive league.

Tsk, there you go, bringing relevant facts into the debate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

But
    Dem d rules

Laws :)
    Rugby has no rules

It's been a stunning season so far. It had everything, highs, lows, controversial decisions, tension, relief, hope, despair...

It's like game of thrones with more blood but less nudity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Akrasia wrote: »
    Laws :)
    Rugby has no rules

Always find it strange when people nitpick about this. Colloquially they're often called rules. Fair enough, really.

Teferi wrote: »
    Always find it strange when people nitpick about this. Colloquially they're often called rules. Fair enough, really.

I was only messing, they're both the same

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Munsster fans now become massive Dragons/Ospreys fans

Ospreys win with a BP tomorrow and they're not out of it either (in fact just a win and they're not out of it). Munster really need to beat Scarlets next week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ospreys win with a BP tomorrow and they're not out of it either (in fact just a win and they're not out of it). Munster really need to beat Scarlets next week.

C'mon the draw!

• Advertisement
Advertisement