Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Harris gone missing!!!!

Options
  • 28-04-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

After a very high profile during initial talks on the formation of a Government, Simon has disappeared off the radar. Has a muzzle been put on him or does anybody know how such a ready talker has been silenced.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

He is in deep negotiations regarding the formation of the next government :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

He is probably busy having more pictures of himself standing in front of new building sites in Greystones and 'Calling for' things to happen...

Bur seriously, was he visible before this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

He is probably busy having more pictures of himself standing in front of new building sites in Greystones and 'Calling for' things to happen...

Bur seriously, was he visible before this?

His mentor is Frances Fitzgerald so you can be sure he has been by her side throughout the negotiations.

Don't know what you mean by the visible remark. He is a junior minister and of all the FG'ers he would easily be in the top 5 most regularly in the media eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

He was at the mental health talk in the dail a couple of days ago. Like god just because you can't see him it doesn't mean he's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

he must have someone in his office checking up on boards - an update email from Simon Harris just arrived into my inbox entitled "April Update & seeking your input for the new Dáil term" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micandre

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

Apart from a relentless,incontinent, incoherent desire to denigrate and denounce democratically elected politicians, can anyone explain what this thread is about ?

Alan_P wrote: »
    Apart from a relentless,incontinent, incoherent desire to denigrate and denounce democratically elected politicians, can anyone explain what this thread is about ?

Are you sure you are commenting on this thread?

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Are you sure you are commenting on this thread?

I meant visible as he in Greystones doing all these things he promised he would do... Still. Pot holes on the roads.

Alan P drank the kool aid clearly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

I meant visible as he in Greystones doing all these things he promised he would do... Still. Pot holes on the roads.

Alan P drank the kool aid clearly

Didn't realize he was a county councilor.

• Advertisement

d2ww wrote: »
    Didn't realize he was a county councilor.

Jesus, literal much?

The man sent his dad around to people's doorsteps talking about all the great things Simon would continue to do for Greystones if elected, that was last election. Zero done just like every politician. Clearly people are disappointed with Simon based on his 3rd place this time.

Let's hope the slide continues for next election in a few months.

But then again people seem blind to BS in voting for Stephen Donnelly too. Zero done in first election, jumped ship to a party when worried about position. Zero possibility of any influence in next government. Wasted votes.

I have no allegiance to a party but find it so frustrating to see people defend politicians who have done nothing but send a brochure of him calling for something or sending a letter to the guy who sits in the office next to him.

Always be an issue when we vote for people who have no business acumen, experience, training or capacity to manage a country.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Jesus, literal much?

But then again people seem blind to BS in voting for Stephen Donnelly too. Zero done in first election, jumped ship to a party when worried about position. Zero possibility of any influence in next government. Wasted votes.

Total nonsense - You haven't really been listening to him telling it as it is in the Dáil. He's a refreshing 'new blood' politician. Delighted that we have an easy No. 1 choice in Wicklow with Donnelly.

He didn't jump ship, he co-formed a brand new party with very similarly-angled or like-minded politicians.
    I have no allegiance to a party but find it so frustrating to see people defend politicians who have done nothing but send a brochure of him calling for something or sending a letter to the guy who sits in the office next to him.

Always be an issue when we vote for people who have no business acumen, experience, training or capacity to manage a country.
    He also comes from a relative business background having the acumen to represent us very well compared to many others who have have no relative industry experience.

I've made the mistake of writing in this go-nowhere thread.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

astrofluff wrote: »
    Total nonsense - You haven't really been listening to him telling it as it is in the Dáil. He's a refreshing 'new blood' politician.

Indeed.... we remember in 2011 he told us that the USC was bizarre & regressive.....and he kept to his guns for years, including demanding and welcoming the cut in USC only last October.

But 3 months later he has his damascene conversion & suddenly believes it's the best thing since sliced bread.

He's no better than the rest.
    He'll say what he's told to or what he thinks his audience wants to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Shazerina

can you give an example of someone...anyone who has what you feel it takes? Either in politics or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

He'll be a minister

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

He's the new Minister for health

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Wow. Well done to him.

We may have to put up with the bad roads for a while longer !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

That's a poison chalice, not a fan but I wish him well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Does enda feel threatened by him giving him a position that he will only get grief over.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

God help us

• Advertisement

mansize wrote: »
    He'll be a minister
    Well forecast

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Well forecast

Wasn't that difficult- didn't see health though

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I hope it doesn't turn out to be a hospital pass. It's a dificult position.

If he can sort out health he can sort out anything. Wishing him the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

A child to do a grown ups job. I despair. This guy is useless and will sort nothing. More of the same I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

vicwatson wrote: »
    A child to do a grown ups job. I despair. This guy is useless and will sort nothing. More of the same I'm afraid

Shows the level of contempt the leaders have for the voters. Guy never held a job let alone ran an organisation and now he's the boss at the country's largest employer.

Would people give the guy a chance at least!

It really pisses me off that there is so much dismissive ageism against him. He is a competent politician and this stuff anout him being an incompetent child is nonsense.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

On balance, he is a career politician. He hasn't any meaningful experience in the big bad world of private business (or none that I know of) to draw on. I am getting the feeling that this government will be short lived, but if Simon can keep his head above water long enough as Health Minister, then it'll show him in good light for his next step (Europe).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    On balance, he is a career politician. He hasn't any meaningful experience in the big bad world of private business (or none that I know of) to draw on. I am getting the feeling that this government will be short lived, but if Simon can keep his head above water long enough as Health Minister, then it'll show him in good light for his next step (Europe).

Why do you need private business experience to be a politician?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

eleMental wrote: »
    he must have someone in his office checking up on boards - an update email from Simon Harris just arrived into my inbox entitled "April Update & seeking your input for the new Dáil term" :)
    the trousering party has admitted that the have a staff of 32 socks involved in social media, so one can assume that each media outlet is under observation

Advertisement