Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pamper.ie

Options
  • 28-04-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi All,

I am so sick of Pamper.ie that I have just had to last resort and complain on social media.
    I have been f**ked around to beat the band, been past to anyone and everyone.
    On April 14th, I bought a voucher for a spa in Dundrum. The first time I put my card details through I received a message that it had not gone through.
    The message had read ‘cURL: Resource id #325; cURL error: Failed to connect to email eu-west-1.amazonaws.com port 443: Connection timed out (cURL error code 7)’.
    Now to me this meant gibberish but then I got this message twice, I presumed it hand not gone through.
    I refreshed the page and it then came up that I had two vouchers, and when I checked my bank I had been charged three times.
    I have tried to contact Pamper.ie everyday numerous times but to no avail. I also tried to contact ‘Bite a Bargain’ which is the name they trade under in Ranelagh. They have no contact number on their website, only an email contact. On every email I have sent I have asked for someone to contact me but I have not heard a thing. I have only received two emails off them over this entire time.
    It is clearly going no-where. In the mist of all of this, I had changed banks to Permanent TSB. I got an email today stating they can only refund the money to the card used at time of purchase.
    Now clearly when they try to refund my money to my account in BOI it will bounce back to them.
    I have offered to provide my new bank details but they don’t want to know. So I am down over €200 and I feel like driving up to Ranelagh and going A-WOLL over this.
    I have spoken to the CCPC, the small claims court etc, but I just seem to be going around in circles.

Has anyone dealt with them before? Or if anyone can offer advice I would much appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

For future reference just because a page fails the redirect it doesnt mean the payment gateway didn't go ahead just fine. If you ever get an error like that exit the checkout completely and check your bank in 12hrs, if nothing gone try again.

If the merchant aren't contactable you need to issue a chargeback with your bank. Changing bank makes this messy but it cant be the first time thats happened. Do both banks use the same card provider? That could make it easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Did you contact your credit card company for the old bank? Ask them what happens with that money when it gets refunded? it might go to close account and they can send you a cheque for it or forward to new credit card?

Not the exact same scenario, but I know when I switch bank a few years back, even that old bank account was close my salary was sent to it by my employer, but it was sent to my new bank on the same day, credit cards my work the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ashleighc2013

ED E wrote: »
    For future reference just because a page fails the redirect it doesnt mean the payment gateway didn't go ahead just fine. If you ever get an error like that exit the checkout completely and check your bank in 12hrs, if nothing gone try again.

If the merchant aren't contactable you need to issue a chargeback with your bank. Changing bank makes this messy but it cant be the first time thats happened. Do both banks use the same card provider? That could make it easier.

How do you mean the same card provider? Like Visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Ashleighc2013

nava wrote: »
    Did you contact your credit card company for the old bank? Ask them what happens with that money when it gets refunded? it might go to close account and they can send you a cheque for it or forward to new credit card?

Not the exact same scenario, but I know when I switch bank a few years back, even that old bank account was close my salary was sent to it by my employer, but it was sent to my new bank on the same day, credit cards my work the same way.

I did contact them, they said it would immediately bounce back to their account because my account is closed. I asked them about the redirect payment as well to my new account but they said it wouldn't work because they don't have a payment from them so their is nothing to send across. Yeah the switch team in Permanent TSB did move everything across for me, and I have checked my closing statement from BOI but theirs no refund on it.

Advertisement