Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haven't a clue, would love & appreciate some advice

Options
  • 20-04-2016 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have had a sh1tty few months lately and I'd love to just get away for some sun and relaxation. I'd be travelling by myself, (female, early 40's), and since it's my first time on a sun holiday, I'd appreciate any suggestions.
    A few friends have recommended Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote. They've said its lovely and close to airport etc, English spoken nearly everywhere. They've also said to go for All-inclusive, which I'm thinking might be handy.
    I really want a week of chilling out, not particularly interested in excursions or day trips or anything like that.

Has anyone got any more suggestions? (I'd like somewhere warm, obviously :P, not too hectic/mad, safe for a lone traveller and somewhere not too far from the destination airport.

TIA :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Hi all.... I'm hoping to go on my first sun holiday and I am pretty clueless as to what booking site to use? I seem to be coming across some deals that I think are good but when I go looking up reviews of some of these booking sites, some of them are really bad and I just end up being back at square one and googling again.:o
    If anyone could take the time to recommend some sites or PM me, I'd be so grateful as I'm pretty lost at the minute.
    I just want my first holiday to be a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you want an all-inclusive holiday i.e. one which includes flights, airport transfers (to and from your hotel) and accommodation then you need to book with an Irish travel company like topflight or stein travel - not specifically recommending them, there's plenty of such companies. Or you can arrange an independent holiday whereby you book the flights and hotel yourself separately which will probably be cheaper but you will be on your own if there's a problem with the hotel or your flights get delayed or whatever and you will have to arrange your own transport to and from the airport.

If you are going to do it independently, first you need to check what flights are available i.e. does anyone fly from Dublin/Cork/Shannon to your destination on the day you plan to travel. If they do then you can take a look at the fares to make sure there's availability, if you like the prices then you can go looking for cheap accommodation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

coylemj wrote: »
    If you want an all-inclusive holiday i.e. one which includes flights, airport transfers (to and from your hotel) and accommodation then you need to book with an Irish travel company like topflight or stein travel - not specifically recommending them, there's plenty of such companies. Or you can arrange an independent holiday whereby you book the flights and hotel yourself separately which will probably be cheaper but you will be on your own if there's a problem with the hotel or your flights get delayed or whatever and you will have to arrange your own transport to and from the airport.

If you are going to do it independently, first you need to check what flights are available i.e. does anyone fly from Dublin/Cork/Shannon to your destination on the day you plan to travel. If they do then you can take a look at the fares to make sure there's availability, if you like the prices then you can go looking for cheap accommodation.

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. Just all new to me so I really appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭VG31

The two main Irish travel agents are:

http://www.sunway.ie/

http://www.falconholidays.ie/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I have used http://www.lowcostholidays.ie successfully a number of times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

spurious wrote: »
    I have used http://www.lowcostholidays.ie successfully a number of times.

I booked a week with them in Portugal . cheapest I could find for where we're staying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

twirlagig wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have had a sh1tty few months lately and I'd love to just get away for some sun and relaxation. I'd be travelling by myself, (female, early 40's), and since it's my first time on a sun holiday, I'd appreciate any suggestions.
    A few friends have recommended Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote. They've said its lovely and close to airport etc, English spoken nearly everywhere. They've also said to go for All-inclusive, which I'm thinking might be handy.
    I really want a week of chilling out, not particularly interested in excursions or day trips or anything like that.

Has anyone got any more suggestions? (I'd like somewhere warm, obviously :P, not too hectic/mad, safe for a lone traveller and somewhere not too far from the destination airport.

TIA :)

I think you would like Palma nova. It's the sophisticated, less seedy side to Magaluf which is just down the road if you want to party. Nice neach and full of nice restaurants.

To be honest, you can't go wrong with any holiday resort but you're obviously not going on a boozy holiday which is why I mentioned Palma nova.

How about further afield Luke asia to one of the tourist islands like phuket or bali?

Advertisement