Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed Credit and Debit accounts

Options
  • 28-04-2016 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

Hello
    I closed my current account and credit card in 2015.  When I was closing my credit card, I had to pay 2016 duty tax.  I have been charged again for this duty tax and need a letter of proof from BOI that I already paid this.  Where can I get this letter please?

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

bidiots wrote: »
    Hello
    I closed my current account and credit card in 2015.  When I was closing my credit card, I had to pay 2016 duty tax.  I have been charged again for this duty tax and need a letter of proof from BOI that I already paid this.  Where can I get this letter please?

Thank you
    Hi bidiots, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

To request this letter, please call our Credit Card team on 1890 251251 and a representative can issue this to you. this will take three to five working days to be sent in the post to your address. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Hi Sarah
    I dont have my credit card number, how will i get through without this?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Sarah
    Thanks
    Hi bidiots, 

Please try and locate an old credit card statement which will have your card number on it as when you call the number above it will be needed. If you do not have access to your old statements, it would be necessary to call into your nearest Bank of Ireland branch and a representative will be happy to assist you with this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Hi Sarah
    Thanks
    Hi bidiots, 

Please try and locate an old credit card statement which will have your card number on it as when you call the number above it will be needed. If you do not have access to your old statements, it would be necessary to call into your nearest Bank of Ireland branch and a representative will be happy to assist you with this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah, I've called that number over the past few days and have been on hold for over 30 minutes each time but haven't the time to continue to wait.  How can I get this sorted without having to spend a day on the phone waiting for someone to pick up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi Sarah
    Thanks
    Hi bidiots, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah, I've called that number over the past few days and have been on hold for over 30 minutes each time but haven't the time to continue to wait.  How can I get this sorted without having to spend a day on the phone waiting for someone to pick up?
    Hi bidiots, 

Sorry to hear you have been waiting so long to speak with a rep, however as you don't have your credit card it would be necessary for you to speak with someone. I understand that this is inconvenient to you to be waiting so long. Our reps are available until 8pm during the week to answer your query. 

Thanks,
    Evie 

• Advertisement
Advertisement