Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SIM Only plan currently on Meteor

Options
  • 28-04-2016 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I recently received a SMS from Meteor informing me that they would be upgrading me from my current SIM only plan (€12.50 p/m, 100 minutes, 100 texts, 750MB) to a, 4G, plan (€20/30, 100 minutes, 100 text, 5GB) which they would supply at €20 a month for the first x months, then €30 a month. I don't really use data on my phone that much, as I usually travel from WiFi location to WiFi location in a typical day and, as such, don't need an allocation of 5GB a month. In fact, when my 1+1 isn't deciding to download updates via Data when I'm connected to WiFi at the time, I typically don't exceed 500MB a month.

I've had a cursory look at some of the SIM only plans available (3, Meteor, O2, ID) but I'm becoming aware that there seem to be many more players in the market these days then I'm aware of. I wondered if anyone could point me at options I haven't considered yet? (for the record the ID 'build your own bundle' concept seems to, currently, be the front runner). My criteria are, mainly, 100 minutes, 100 texts, 500MB-1GB for the cheapest monthly cost possible. I already pay for a UPC land line which gives me a certain number of minutes international calls a month and use Skype quite frequently so that non-national calls aren't a consideration.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Have you looked at Lyca which is on the three network?

For 9€ you can get 300 minutes / 300 text and 1 GB of 3G data. It's not bill pay but pre-pay if that matters. Plus if you travel you can use the inclusive minutes / text in 18 countries without any additional cost. Data roaming still costs however.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

^^ Nice! I'll give it a look this evening, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

With the UPC phone app you can use your UPC minutes on your mobile

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Thats very considerate of meteor to "upgrade" you to pay 2 1/2 times you're going rate!! Have a look at 48 months, very good deal for a tenner a month.

Advertisement