Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents Insurance with Airbnb

Options
  • 28-04-2016 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

We are about to move into our recently purchased apartment and need to find contents insurance. One room will be ours, another for a long term tenant/house share and the other room will be for Airbnb use and family and friends visiting. I can't seem to find any insurance company willing to insure us as soon as I mention Airbnb! Surely other people have found themeselves in this situation yet managed to eventually find insurance?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

You need more than contents insurance to cover you for AirBnB, at the least public liability insurance. I recall a thread about this a while back, someone mentioned they got a quote through a broker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yannie89

You need more than contents insurance to cover you for AirBnB, at the least public liability insurance. I recall a thread about this a while back, someone mentioned they got a quote through a broker.

I've been onto Chill.ie and as a broker they said there was nothing they could offer us. No one seems happy to help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Yannie89 wrote: »
    I've been onto Chill.ie and as a broker they said there was nothing they could offer us. No one seems happy to help :(

There's another thread on this forum called Airbnb insurance. Poster was able to get public liability insurance if you want to check out the thread and PM them

Advertisement