Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking in a workplace

Options
  • 28-04-2016 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

Just trying to find a bit of information I've searched the statute book and citizens information but question I'm looking for is not clear few contractions

Just wondering can you smoke in a mechanical garage (ie anything to do with cars) that has one wall open to allow customers in and out. Is this still considered an enclosed workplace. Most people would smoke just outside the door anyway

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Jhcx wrote: »
    can you smoke in a mechanical garage (ie anything to do with cars) that has one wall open to allow customers in and out. Is this still considered an enclosed workplace.
    No. If it's more than 50% enclosed it's not legal as a smoking area. More info here. I'd imagine there would be further workplace safety issues around smoking in an environment that deals in flammable liquids like a garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

BeerNut wrote: »
    No. If it's more than 50% enclosed it's not legal as a smoking area. More info here. I'd imagine there would be further workplace safety issues around smoking in an environment that deals in flammable liquids like a garage.

Thank you

Advertisement