Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boi EFT to aib account

Options
  • 28-04-2016 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Is this true that an eft from boi to an aib account takes 48 hours? Was due to close on a mortgage tomorrow but the solicitor has informed that the money won't be in the solicitors account on time, 48hours!!

I have never heard of this between banks in Ireland before, pretty ridiculous in this day and age to take so long and needless to say I'm pretty disappointed and my partner is too.

The bank left it to the last day to transfer money knowing this timeframe, what a joke. 

Would like someone to confirm this timeframe thanks. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Sono wrote: »
    Is this true that an eft from boi to an aib account takes 48 hours? Was due to close on a mortgage tomorrow but the solicitor has informed that the money won't be in the solicitors account on time, 48hours!!

I have never heard of this between banks in Ireland before, pretty ridiculous in this day and age to take so long and  needless to say I'm pretty disappointed and my partner is too.

The bank left it to the last day to transfer money knowing this timeframe, what a joke. 

Would like someone to confirm this timeframe thanks. 
    Hi Sono, 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

Generally a SEPA payment to AIB will take one working day once it is made before the cut off time. The cut off time for a payment made on Business On Line is 5pm and can be found here. It may have been that the payment was made after the cut off time and so would not have reached the account in time for a same day transfer. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement