Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek Speed Concept seat post

Options
  • 28-04-2016 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

I have the dodgy Trek seat post problem, it keeps slipping down. Apparently there is a new seat post wedge available to fix the problem but I cant find it. Anyone any ideas where I can buy it (a link would be useful if you have one)?

I have considered gluing the seat post in position, anybody try this? I am a bit concerned about it being stuck in that position forever if i glue it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Could you wrap a layer of insulating tape around it to give additional hold in the clamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

yes i and varios people glue seatpost ( i use a 2 composite glue)
    also you can glue a bit of rubber to the clamp that can help ( a very thin race inner tube cut out liek conti supersonic )

the other thing you can use is carbon paste ( finish line does a good one )
    I trust the glue more for my bike but for many other bikes http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/specialty-products/fiber-grip-
    does the job well this one is considert the best by many people. ( ps the reason why many people think its best they are using - i think - silicon balls which are bigger than other producs and dont scratch the carbon much )

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

peter kern wrote: »
    yes i and varios people glue seatpost ( i use a 2 composite glue)
    also you can glue a bit of rubber to the clamp that can help ( a very thin race inner tube cut out liek conti supersonic )

the other thing you can use is carbon paste ( finish line does a good one )
    I trust the glue more for my bike but for many other bikes http://www.finishlineusa.com/products/specialty-products/fiber-grip-
    does the job well this one is considert the best by many people. ( ps the reason why many people think its best they are using - i think - silicon balls which are bigger than other producs and dont scratch the carbon much )

A guy I know has the same bike and same problem. He made and inserted a small shim on either side of the post from a piece of a coke can. That worked for him.

Advertisement