Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threatening legal action against my father

Options
  • 28-04-2016 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I received a letter today addressed to my father, threatening legal action if an outstanding bill is not paid, unfortunately I can not be given details about the account as I am not a named contact.
    I have twice previously informed you that my father is now deceased. Does the threat still stand and does the outstanding amount need to be paid and if so how if I am not a named contact. I'm sorry but being told by your customer care to ignore a legal letter is not that comforting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi there,

We're sorry to read of your loss.

In order for us to look into this fully for you could you please provide us with the following details by private message?
    • Your full name
    • The account holder's full name
    • The account number
    • The address of the property
    • Your contact number
    • The contact number or date of birth of the account holder
    • Confirmation you are the executor of your father's estate (a sentence stating this is sufficient)

With this information we can then access your father's account and look into this for you.

Should you have any questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement