Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History RSR still not done!

Options
  • 28-04-2016 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Okay, I have the actual project done but I don't have the booklet. I'm meant to collect the booklet tomorrow and fill it in, then bring it back to the school by the end of the day (1:15pm)

Will this eff everything up? Is 4 hours enough time for me to transcribe the computer version onto the booklet? I know it seems like it should be a walk in the park but I have really sh**e handwriting and I wanted to take my time so it looked neat but now I don't have much of a choice.

Any final tips for brushing it up? Website links for general presentation advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Examiners can't mark what they can't read, so make as much of an effort as you can with your handwriting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 855 ✭✭✭TSMGUY

spurious wrote: »
    Examiners can't mark what they can't read, so make as much of an effort as you can with your handwriting.

As long as it's legible, will they pretty much just mark it on content? Will grammar and punctuation make a massive difference?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,190 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

TSMGUY wrote: »
    As long as it's legible, will they pretty much just mark it on content? Will grammar and punctuation make a massive difference?

It's History. They will be looking at content. Unless the grammar or spelling is so bad as to confuse what you are trying to say, you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TooMuchWork

Got mine done in around 2 and a half hours. You should be all good. Watch your writing for the outline plan and evaluation of sources though, you'll struggle to fit it in.

I handed it in. Absolutely terrible handwriting, just about legible but the kind of handwriting that wouldn't look out of place in a primary school kid's copybook. Am I effed? I think the content was great but my handwriting was dire.

• Advertisement

If you have recognisable letters you'll be fine. Nobody is looking for 'copperplate' handwriting.

Seriously, you should see the state of some scripts.

Well I showed an example of handwriting to my granny and she could just about make it out at 80, so I guess I should be fine.

The teacher said you could draw on lines at the bottom of the outline plan and the evaluation of sources. I have big writing (6 words per line), so I kind of took liberties and drew on 4-5 extra lines. It's all on the page they set out but I'm worried they'll think I'm taking the piss.

Advertisement