Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What features would you like to see on daft, myhome ect

Options
  • 28-04-2016 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Both of these websites are great, but what improvements do you think would be beneficial to these sites for us.

Personally i would like to see a feature when you can selected a postcode and search for it excluding an area.

So for example search for all properties in dublin 13 excluding sutton.

Often i have been looking through the site, and i want areas excluded from my search, without having to select every area, except the one i don't want.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Always thought it would be handy if there was a search function where you could see all houses withing a certain distance of an area, or I could not be lazy and use the map function

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

1. Distance search (within x miles from)
    2. More granular price search options (e.g. every 10k not every 25k)
    3. More filters in advanced search, e.g. filter by property size, number of bathrooms, garden, heating type, BER rating, exclude ground floor for apartments etc
    4. Multi-county/city search, e.g. show me houses in Dunboyne, Leixlip and Bray
    5. "Report add" option, where you can report EA advertising properties in Finglas as Glasnevin, CityWest as Saagart and have them taken down for inaccuracy
    6. Ban the use of word "spacious" on anything smaller than 100 sq m

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

I would love to be able to report a property or have a review system like trip advisor where you can effectively warm others or tell them it's great. The last house I moved out of had a serious damp problem and I know for a fact that the landlord painted over it and relet it the day after we moved out. I've always felt really sorry for whoever got stuck living there.

I know there's probably a reason, most likely legal, that this isn't already in place and it could obviously be abused but there should be somewhere you could read reviews!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

A 'This LL is a Knob' rating :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Alter_Ego

hairyslug wrote: »
    Always thought it would be handy if there was a search function where you could see all houses withing a certain distance of an area, or I could not be lazy and use the map function

The map search function is useless, as it ignores your criteria, e.g. it will show you all properties in the area, not just the ones that match your criteria

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Zoopla in the UK have a great map feature where you can draw the area you want to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Zoopla in the UK have a great map feature where you can draw the area you want to look at.

Now that would be bloody awesome!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I would like size option for rental ie how many sq meters the place is. For example in Dublin 1 a 2 bed around Parnell St is a tiny compared to a modern 2 bed in the IFSC

I would like for it to tell you the broadband speed available eg whether you can get high speed UPC or just a vanilla copper Eir line

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Villa05

Automatic price reduction clock ie price reduces by 10k for every day it is on the site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Broadband would be amazing. My other half is a developer and while I'd love to buy in the country that just can't happen unless the house can definitely get decent broadband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Maybe something like on Carzone, the auctioneer can give their own description but there is also a section where they have to confirm additional details (I'm explaining this terribly but in carzone under every ad there is a list of extras eg. Central locking, cruise control, power steering etc.) So they confirm broadband, satellite TV, heating system, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Opposite issue on jobs website when you put in Dublin and you are shown jobs in Galway or Athlone.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭hognef

hairyslug wrote: »
    Maybe something like on Carzone, the auctioneer can give their own description but there is also a section where they have to confirm additional details (I'm explaining this terribly but in carzone under every ad there is a list of extras eg. Central locking, cruise control, power steering etc.) So they confirm broadband, satellite TV, heating system, etc

Also make certain fields mandatory, in particular floor area (preferably per room), eircode, size of any management fees. For properties advertised for sale, floor plans should be mandatory.

Better pictures would be nice too (I don't care what the bed looks like, I do care about whether a bed will fit in the room. Obviously this is impossible to enforce automatically.

And ban the phrase "this most sought-after location".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Yes the floor area is incredibly annoying. I want to know the complete area of the house, as well as room by room. I want it in m2, not square feet - but can't the EAs put them in both? And give both the overall area as well as room by room?

And a floor plan is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭b34mer23

From the male perspective, being able to filter out gaffs that only want females. On Daft it's an option to enter when you're entering an ad, so you should quite easily be able to filter them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

On the mobile app's if you go look at a house in an area, you should be able to fire up the mobile app and click show me houses in this area.
    Same for if your out driving and see a house for sale you should be able to fire up the app and click find house and it brings you to it.
    Same for a gps function when going to view a house you should be able to navigate to it through the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gomango

State whether the overall square metre given by ea includes/excludes internal walls. Include floor plan and measurements on every ad.

€ per square metre on every property advertised would be handy.

Agree with previous posts stating extras like carzone - transparency.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

If MyHome worked that would be great but its so buggy :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

When I search for houses and bungalows, I want to see houses and bungalows NOT land, acreage, grazing fields, future houses, mobile homes, and lots with planning permission

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

hognef wrote: »
    Also make certain fields mandatory, in particular floor area (preferably per room), eircode, size of any management fees. For properties advertised for sale, floor plans should be mandatory.

Better pictures would be nice too (I don't care what the bed looks like, I do care about whether a bed will fit in the room. Obviously this is impossible to enforce automatically.

And ban the phrase "this most sought-after location".

Also pictures that are not doctored (Stretched to make a room look more spacious)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Price on Application should be banned! (buying)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

When I search for houses and bungalows, I want to see houses and bungalows NOT land, acreage, grazing fields, future houses, mobile homes, and lots with planning permission

If you put minimum 1 bedroom in your search criteria, this will get rid of all that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

Consistent pricing for renting. You can put in what you think is a maximum of €1000 a month, and then you get places that are €800 a week for example. That's probably more to do with their search algorithm though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭denismc

An option to search for properties from private sellers would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Q&A

I'd like links to myhome to open in the app not my mobile browser. Not the worst sin ever but daft and many other apps know to do this.

Myhome app again either fix maps - might just be me but when I open I get a blank grid.

More generally if like notifications of upcoming viewings in my saved searches. Right now you have to look for viewings rather than getting an email

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

A search alert within the app! Like Adverts has, so you get notification immediately when an ad matching your search criteria is listed.

This would be especially useful now when rental properties are like hens teeth! Email alert is fine if you check your emails regularly or have push notifications on your phone, but that 15mins it takes for your mail to fetch can be the difference between getting a property and not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

b34mer23 wrote: »
    From the male perspective, being able to filter out gaffs that only want females. On Daft it's an option to enter when you're entering an ad, so you should quite easily be able to filter them out!

Go to the Advanced search tab and select the 'Male' button.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Distance from a location search and also a Sun calc orientation

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

details of broadband available to the house, (provider / speed)
    a map search feature (distance from any point)
    daft - the ability to search rentals by detached house / country house etc.. (my home has it)
    the ability to filter by number of off street parking spaces available

daft - search by sq ft of property and by total site size (e.g. minimum 2000sq ft on 1 acre.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I'd like to be able to search across a number of counties on myhome. Don't think one can do that - can search multiple areas within a county, but not multiple counties.

Advertisement