Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What should I look to get installed in a house

• 28-04-2016 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,
    I'm a newbie at this but in a lucky position that I am hoping to buy a house at the moment. Owing to present regulations the house has to be A3 but that is being done in the easiest way possible with no chimney and the likes. Not that I mind. The rear of the garden is south facing (in case that matters).

As part of the house system the builder is proposing an air to water heating system, and that seems to be the only feature.

I am wondering what I should look at, even as an extra if I can afford it. I have a concern about the pumping price for the air to water system (not sure if that is a valid concern) and for some unknown reason have a preference for a solar to water heating system. I am asking for a heat exchange system in the house as well (this is an extra 1500 I think).

Could people who know what they are talking about here give me some guidance on what I should be looking at, or if what is proposed is good enough. Basically I want the cheapest running costs long term while also affordable at the moment.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisement