Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a dongle connect to a router?

Options
  • 28-04-2016 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi
    I'm looking for an internet plan at the moment but one that will not tie me into a 2 year contract. I currently hold a broadband plan with Three and use their Huawei E5330 dongle. Does any one know if I can connect a three dongle to a router? Three won't give me a router without signing a contract and the Wifi is patchy for Galway City.
    I need to be able to harder wire my laptop into a router for work from home purposes.

Hope this makes sense... any suggestions for internet plans in Galway City are welcome too!

Thanks a mill :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

sa.curran wrote: »
    Hi
    I'm looking for an internet plan at the moment but one that will not tie me into a 2 year contract. I currently hold a broadband plan with Three and use their Huawei E5330 dongle. Does any one know if I can connect a three dongle to a router? Three won't give me a router without signing a contract and the Wifi is patchy for Galway City.
    I need to be able to harder wire my laptop into a router for work from home purposes.

Hope this makes sense... any suggestions for internet plans in Galway City are welcome too!

Thanks a mill :)

You could buy a Huawei B593 or B315 router and put your 3 sim directly into it.

They are great and have 4 LAN ports on the back of them. I've recently set up one of each and they work great, far better speeds and pings than the dongle & router option!

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sa.curran

mcquaim wrote: »
    You could buy a Huawei B593 or B315 router and put your 3 sim directly into it.

They are great and have 4 LAN ports on the back of them. I've recently set up one of each and they work great, far better speeds and pings than the dongle & router option!

Hope this helps!

Sweet! Yeah this is something I'm looking for all right :) Thanks a mill!

Advertisement