Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NDLS Proof Of Address Problem

Options
  • 28-04-2016 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Im 17 Years old and im trying to get my learner permit at the moment but i have run into a few problems in the process..

I went to my local centre in limerick on Wednesday with all the correct requirements as i thought etc but before my appointment,
    i was having difficulty trying to get proof of my address as i don't have a bank account yet or any bills..
    so as it says on the website a letter from the department of social protection would do. So i got one with my address and ppsn on it and brought it in and my application was refused by an ignorant horrible woman on the other side of the booth telling me it did not prove i lived where i do live when it had my address on it so she said a letter from my school would do but my school letters are addressed to my mom..
    As i had no other options i had basically no choice but to ask my school to write a headed letter to me as proof and now im concerned about the letter the secretary who did her best typed this is what it states:

to whom it may concern

re: (my name and address)
    this is to certify that (my name) is currently enrolled in the above school

signed by (the vice priniciple)

my concern is they are so over the top at the ndls and im wondering will i be refused AGAIN as it does not say at the left top corner my address like for example a bill would. im really worried and im travelling to tralee tomorrow to try again as limerick have no other recent appointments and because of the date i signed the form i only have so much time!
    i would appreciate any advice and help as i dont want to be refused tomorrow. im really frustrated!!
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

dscan98 wrote: »
    Im 17 Years old and im trying to get my learner permit at the moment but i have run into a few problems in the process..

I went to my local centre in limerick on Wednesday with all the correct requirements as i thought etc but before my appointment,
    i was having difficulty trying to get proof of my address as i don't have a bank account yet or any bills..
    so as it says on the website a letter from the department of social protection would do. So i got one with my address and ppsn on it and brought it in and my application was refused by an ignorant horrible woman on the other side of the booth telling me it did not prove i lived where i do live when it had my address on it so she said a letter from my school would do but my school letters are addressed to my mom..
    As i had no other options i had basically no choice but to ask my school to write a headed letter to me as proof and now im concerned about the letter the secretary who did her best typed this is what it states:

to whom it may concern

re: (my name and address)
    this is to certify that (my name) is currently enrolled in the above school

signed by (the vice priniciple)

my concern is they are so over the top at the ndls and im wondering will i be refused AGAIN as it does not say at the left top corner my address like for example a bill would. im really worried and im travelling to tralee tomorrow to try again as limerick have no other recent appointments and because of the date i signed the form i only have so much time!
    i would appreciate any advice and help as i dont want to be refused tomorrow. im really frustrated!!
    thanks.

The school letter sounds fine. Was the social welfare letter addressed to your parents? That would not have been acceptable. Once your name is clearly linked with the address, that's all they require. So you should have better luck tomorrow.😉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

A letter from the department of social protection including your pps number, and it wasn t good enough?

You would think an NDLS employee would understand a 17 year old kid not having a bank account, mortgage, or utility in their own name. Bureaucracy at its finest.

Know what s really crazy I can call my credit card company and change my address to a friend s house then request a statement be sent there, upon receiving my statement I can ask the CC company to change my address back to its original, so really, in the grand scheme of things address verification is useless

Best of luck in Tralee

Advertisement