Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Your Number Removed from a Database

Options
  • 28-04-2016 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Is it possible these days without going through a lot of hassle or is the best we can hope for is to get the number added to a their Not to Call list.

I resent any company holding on to MY number when I am clearly giving no permission for them to do so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Is it possible these days without going through a lot of hassle or is the best we can hope for is to get the number added to a their Not to Call list.

I resent any company holding on to MY number when I am clearly giving no permission for them to do so.

Only real way is NOT to give them your number in the first place..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Only real way is NOT to give them your number in the first place..

:D Who said I gave it to them, they probably 'bought' it from someone or company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

If you have you number registered as not for marketing, they cannot cold call you useless you gave the number to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

danjo-xx wrote: »

You should contact the company and ask them to let you know how they got your number, after work back on the chain to see who it originated from, when you find out get them to remove you, I had my email address removed from a few websites that way.

Also have a look here for some tips

Advertisement