Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling cosmetics in Ireland

Options
  • 28-04-2016 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi,

I would like to ask whether in order to sell own cosmetic products in Ireland a certification is required in Ireland? I checked on the hpra website but can't understand whether this is a requirement or not "A manufacturer or designated responsible person can apply for a cosmetic product certificate of free sale provided they are located in Ireland."
    "Can" instead of "must" makes me think that this is optional, however I may be wrong.

Could somebody please advise?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

BizWiz66 wrote: »
    Hi,

I would like to ask whether in order to sell own cosmetic products in Ireland a certification is required in Ireland? I checked on the hpra website but can't understand whether this is a requirement or not "A manufacturer or designated responsible person can apply for a cosmetic product certificate of free sale provided they are located in Ireland."
    "Can" instead of "must" makes me think that this is optional, however I may be wrong.

Could somebody please advise?

Are you planning to manufacture cosmetics or just sell them?

Added: re-reading your post it looks like you're thinking of manufacturing your own cosmetics in which case I'll leave it to others more qualified to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

Graham wrote: »
    Are you planning to manufacture cosmetics or just sell them?

Added: re-reading your post it looks like you're thinking of manufacturing your own cosmetics in which case I'll leave it to others more qualified to answer.

Will import own branded cosmetics from a manufacturer outside the EU. The manufacturer has the required certification to produce the product, however the fact that I will be the owner/importer of the product and only seller in the EU makes me wonder whether I would need an approval/certification locally?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BizWiz66

Just wondering if somebody would know? I sent an email to HPRA on Friday and now waiting for an answer, but if somebody had similar experience with selling cosmetics please let me know. Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

contact your local enterprise office - probably grants available.

Also contact some small manufacturers in Ireland and ask them - www.pixy.ie is one based in Mallow and I'm sure they'd tell you.

Advertisement