Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alloy wheel repairs.

Options
  • 28-04-2016 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

I had new tyres fitted and after a couple of weeks, one of the wheels was flat one morning. I brought it back to the tyre company, he looked at it and showed me where the alloy was slightly out of shape. He took the tyre off, sealed the tyre to the alloy and balanced it. Two days later and it's flat again.

I never had an issue with the previous tyre and as I'm the only driver of the car, I know I didn't hit a kerb or anything that would damage the alloy since the new tyre was fitted.

Is it common for a new tyre to deflate after a previous tyre had no issue?

If so, can anyone recommend somewhere in Kilkenny (or Clonmel) that will repair alloy wheels?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

What kind of car is it?

Some models have alloys that are prone to damage on our roads, especially when you get to 18" alloys etc.

I know Tom Tallon in Tullow always gets recommended for alloy repair but it may be a bit far for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

wrmwit wrote: »
    I had new tyres fitted and after a couple of weeks, one of the wheels was flat one morning. I brought it back to the tyre company, he looked at it and showed me where the alloy was slightly out of shape. He took the tyre off, sealed the tyre to the alloy and balanced it. Two days later and it's flat again.

I never had an issue with the previous tyre and as I'm the only driver of the car, I know I didn't hit a kerb or anything that would damage the alloy since the new tyre was fitted.

Is it common for a new tyre to deflate after a previous tyre had no issue?

If so, can anyone recommend somewhere in Kilkenny (or Clonmel) that will repair alloy wheels?

Thanks in advance.

Very good crowd in ferrybank in Waterford.

Advertisement