Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple ID problem driving me nuts!

Options
  • 28-04-2016 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭

Months ago I changed my ID to a different email and I'm sure it transferred fine, but it was stuck on my phone as the old one, and I couldn't change the password, so I couldn't buy more storage. It annoyed me to all hell, so when I set up my new phone today I did so as a brand new device and entered in the ID I changed it to ages ago, and everything works, my app purchases, everything. So obviously something went wrong and it wouldn't recognise the new email on my old phone.

I had my old phone backed up and wanted to get my photos back, but stupidly restored my old phone and my old ID email is back again and I can't erase it because I don't have the password. When I try to retrieve my password it tells me that ID isn't registered. It's driving me mad and I'm back stuck again.

Any way I can set it up as a new device again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

put it into DFU Mode and you should be able to set up as new again

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

Sounds like you didn't sign out of the old email on the phone when you changed it to the new one.......best thing to do(presuming you still have access to the old email) is change the apple id back to the old email, then sign out of anything that has that email on it......then change it back to the new one and sign in with the new one on the phone then, hope that makes sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Sounds like you didn't sign out of the old email on the phone when you changed it to the new one.......best thing to do(presuming you still have access to the old email) is change the apple id back to the old email, then sign out of anything that has that email on it......then change it back to the new one and sign in with the new one on the phone then, hope that makes sense!

I would do that but yahoo deleted my account right after this happened, so I'm a bit stuck.

So putting the phone in recovery mode will work then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    I would do that but yahoo deleted my account right after this happened, so I'm a bit stuck.

So putting the phone in recovery mode will work then?

I think Yahoo make old email addresses available after a certain period. Perhaps you could sign up for a new account in the old name?

Advertisement