Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simon Yates fails dope test

Options
1235»

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

fishfoodie wrote: »
    Is he claiming he tripped & fell & that how the inhaler got in his mouth ?
    That is intentional use of an inhaler, not a banned substance

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

CramCycle wrote: »
    I disagree with Rob about the potential benefits, thats why it is on there, unlike the other asthmatic drugs, it is hard to d tell if it was taken as an inhaler dosage or higher oral dose if I understand it correctly.

The other asthamtic drugs while not banned can lead to sanctions being issued if dosages far exceed what an asthmatic should be taken but I don't know if they actually test for them or not.
    Brian? wrote: »
    Do you remember the EPO days? Racing is nothing like that now. We don't have sprinters and roleurs turning into mountain goats. I haven't seen one unbelievable performance this year.
    I thought times were faster nowadays. While there are reasons, improved training, better nutrition, bikes that way half the amount, I am not niave enough to think that doping is out of the peloton.

This said, I do think that cycling is far cleaner than other sports, it just doesn't seem to gloss over it like other sports and fans do.
    Yates failed a drug test. It was his responsibility to have a TUE, he didn't. Now he's banned.
    Precisely, Yates admitted to it, he had it on the sheets, it genuinely seem slike a clerical error but if you let this slide, then why not let other things slide. Other Brits have gotten away with far more potent things in their system by blaming Chinese Beef.
    It's not as if the UCI and WADA wasted their time here and ignored other potential cheats.
    Why at pro level there is not just blanket testing is beyond me.
    Apologies for the messed up formatting in advance, haven't got my head around the new format of boards yet.
    Times are faster now, but the people who are setting the times are more logical. In the bad old days we had puncheurs and rolleurs transforming into Tour winners: Riis and Armstrong being prime examples. Then we had sprinters like Jalabert winning the polka dot jersey. There is none of that going on now. Look at the riders contending for GC in the grand tours: Quintana, Froome, Contador, Nibali, Aru. They were all born to climb. With the only questionable, and this is a stretch, being Froome. I am convinced Froome is clean.
    I will never forget watching this live. I knew at the moment Riis attacked, cycling was in serious trouble.

I agree cycling is cleaner than most sports and probably cleaner now that it's ever been. Blanket testing for all riders makes complete sense in theory, but the logistics would be a nightmare.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement