Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids shoes wholesalers

Options
  • 29-04-2016 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking for a kids shoes wholesale outlet in either UK or Ireland to supply my shop which I hope to have open before Xmas. Any one with experience that could give me a point in the right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

I don't think there are wholesalers per se - usually its agents who sell on behalf of a company and one agent could have 3 or 4 brands in their portfolio.

Its also a stock intensive area.

August is the time you need to be open - back to school is a far bigger season than christmas.

forget about the value end, dunnes/pennys etc have that sewn up

The other issue is many shops dedicated to children's shoes don't survive. Its labour intensive, stock intensive and margins are not strong especially when you consdider the changignature of styles and the discounts of end of lines you have to do.

If you are intent on it consider a proper childrens shop with clothing and accessories in addition to shoes.

Advertisement