Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App problems

Options
  • 29-04-2016 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I have an iPhone 5, with terrible memory. I had to delete a lot of my apps to free up memory. So, eventually I got around to deleting the awful amount of texts that I was holding onto and eating my memory. And, have lots of space again. Now I want to download viber and whatsapp and snapchat again.
    I have no problem downloading new apps, but I cannot download my old apps. I have a cloud with an arrow, which when I press just goes back to the same symbol or sometimes will stay on the symbol like a circle with a dot in it but won't actually download.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Have you tried the usual stuff like restarting the iPhone and closing all apps, removing them from multitasking? Probably just a bit of a glitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yep :( it's just the previous apps, all the others are fine :(

Have you got any age restrictions enabled by any chance? Or any restrictions at all that could be blocking these apps.

I don't think so.
    The ones I can't get back are snapchat and viber.
    I can't imagine what would be preventing it

Snapchat is age restricted, probably what's app too, could be an issue. Does any app download? Maybe try going to the updates tab and the purchased apps. Then showing the ones not on the iPhone and see if there are any apps you can download. Check out restrictions just in case too.

• Advertisement

Just checked, no restrictions... Any other ideas

Purchased --> not on this iPhone

Hitting a load of apps and they're all doing the same thing. Going back to the cloud symbol

Seems like an App Store or iPhone issue. As a last resort you could backup the iPhone and then restore. Can't think of any other reasons why this might be happening off the top of my head.

Ugh! Raging!
    Thanks so much for your help though

Advertisement