Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund for modem

Options
  • 29-04-2016 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi

I'm looking to get a refund for a modem I was charged for after moving house. 

When moving house I got a call from an individual stating that he was to pick up the modem because I canceled my eir account and asked was I home. I told him I wasn't told it needed collecting and that I was moving home not cancelling. I was informed this happens the all the time not to worry. 

Weeks later engineer installs a new line in the house, plugs out the old modem and installs a new one. He says to keep the second as a backup. 

A month passes and I get charged 59.99. I was only once asked for the modem back by the courier to be told it was actually a mistake no need to return it. 

I contacted EIR by chat. Only option offered to me is to post it back to a free post and receive a cheque. 

I have a few issues with this. Given the advise or lack of it by EIR and the people they contract. I was mistakenly left with a second modem and then charged for it. I'm now being asked to spend more time and money to get it back to them. I appreciate its free post but EIR wont send me anything to post it in. So Im being asked to now package it and take it to a post office and send it. Then wait for my cheque and find time to get to a bank. (They are happy to take electronic payments but not send them)

I was happy to compromise on the payment method but felt the modem should be either collected like it should have been or a box sent to post it in. Something other companies do constantly for returns . Another compromise. 

Response was no. 

The only other option I can see is to reverse the DD (one click online thankfully) , not send the modem back and talk to comreg if needed.

Can someone just collect the bloody thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi gl0Rob,

Thank you for getting in touch and I am really sorry to hear this. 

This is not the level of service Eir aim to provide and I will be sure to relay this feedback onto the relevant department.

Can you PM me your account number and I will take a look into this for you?

-Ciara

Advertisement