Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thuja Smaragd vs Holmstrup

Options
  • 29-04-2016 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I am trying to grow a few trees across the front wall of our house. I dont want it to be a hedge really, I'd rather a row of individual trees.

I was happy enough to go buy a few thuja smaragd but I see one shop offering one called a Holmstrup and cant for the life of me tell the difference.

We'd like low maintenance, evergreens 2.5 - 3m tall pyramid shape that wont fully knit together ( although thats probably based on how we plant them )

Something on the lines of this
    Are we "barking up the right tree" ( sorry )

Thuja_occ_Holmstrup_big.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am trying to grow a few trees across the front wall of our house. I dont want it to be a hedge really, I'd rather a row of individual trees.

I was happy enough to go buy a few thuja smaragd but I see one shop offering one called a Holmstrup and cant for the life of me tell the difference.

We'd like low maintenance, evergreens 2.5 - 3m tall pyramid shape that wont fully knit together ( although thats probably based on how we plant them )

Something on the lines of this
    Are we "barking up the right tree" ( sorry )

Thuja_occ_Holmstrup_big.jpg
    Get the ones you like, FYI whether they nit together or not had little to do with how you plat them but everything to do with how you prune/trim them.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bazmc35

Looking for exactly the same kind of individual tree, need to cover around 70 linear meters but need something that grows up to 6-7 meters and 2meters base? Any ideas?

Advertisement