Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone battery replacement

• 29-04-2016 10:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

My iPhone 5 battery is fooked.
    Anyone recommend somewhere reliable in Limerick to get a replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

My iPhone 5 battery is fooked.
    Anyone recommend somewhere reliable in Limerick to get a replacement?

Had the same problem with my Sam S3 recently ..... tried a number of outfits around town for a replacement battery with no luck so ordered it on Ebay (Voda store which supplied the phone told me best option was to go on line) ..... received it quickly ..... genuine Sam battery and cost was fine .....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

hobie14 wrote: »
    Had the same problem with my Sam S3 recently ..... tried a number of outfits around town for a replacement battery with no luck so ordered it on Ebay (Voda store which supplied the phone told me best option was to go on line) ..... received it quickly ..... genuine Sam battery and cost was fine .....

Samsung S3 has a user replacement battery though but the iPhone needs to have the phone dismantled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Clareman wrote: »
    Samsung S3 has a user replacement battery though but the iPhone needs to have the phone dismantled.

Yeah, was looking into doing it myself but from what I've read there is a risk of damaging the pcb.
    TechStar quoted €50 but only 6 month warranty.
    Might have to go to CompuB and €79

Yeah, was looking into doing it myself but from what I've read there is a risk of damaging the pcb.
    TechStar quoted €50 but only 6 month warranty.
    Might have to go to CompuB and €79

Actually CompuB charge €109 and three month warranty :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I replaced the battery in my old iPhones (3 and 4) loads of times in the past, check out some youtube videos and buy a service pack.

• Advertisement

I replaced the battery in my old iPhones (3 and 4) loads of times in the past, check out some youtube videos and buy a service pack.

Ta, any recommendations of suppliers?

I used syncron.ie in the past but they have gone bust I think, might try the Apple forum on here (on my phone now so can't link, sorry)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Oh .... I didn't know that ..... you live and learn....

Just looked up the order for my Battery .... it was euro 7.99 inc delivery .....
    and the battery was a genuine Samsung item and easily fitted per Youtube video ..... big difference to the iPhone .....

Advertisement