Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Lost Contacts recovery

• 29-04-2016 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

Hi
    I had the misfortune of going into my 3mobile shop yesterday to try to get a separate problem solved.
    The girl said she needed to reset the phone to "Factory settings" in order to solve my problem and therefore she would have to save my contacts to Google Gmail before resetting, so she pressed a few buttons and hey presto she thought she had done the job, but when checking afterwards about 1 third of my contacts (out of nearly 1,000)... were gone, and I spent nearly 3 hours at the shop trying to get them back without success.
    I went into the shop with one problem unsolved and came out with an even bigger one.

Can anyone help please ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

There are lot of Windows based software programmes available that purport to recover lost contact details.

If you are really stuck you can go down that route.

For e.g.
    http://www.jihosoft.com/android/android-phone-recovery.html

I have never used this or any software like it but if you are desperate and its worth about €40 to you, I would do some research in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Conology

uRbaN wrote: »
    There are lot of Windows based software programmes available that purport to recover lost contact details.

If you are really stuck you can go down that route.

For e.g.
    http://www.jihosoft.com/android/android-phone-recovery.html

I have never used this or any software like it but if you are desperate and its worth about €40 to you, I would do some research in that area.

Thanks - I'll consider that - but I'm not sure if I trust them to be honest. - THank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2 trewy

Have a try of data recovery methods, I think that is a good choice for data recovery. Anyway, if you really want the deleted data back, you should try every possible method, recommend Recuva or MobiKin Doctor for Android .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Conology would these contacts have been saved to your sim ? If you go to your contact app, click on the 3 dots in the top right and import/export and see if any option allows you to add contacts that may have been missing.

Advertisement