Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fraud

Options
  • 29-04-2016 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Can someone contact me ASAP regarding a Transaction Dispute/Fraud. I have tried calling all numbers all morning and I keep getting passed around and I am stuck for time. I have been talking to the bank to which i have transferred the money to and the said to get BOI to talk to them and they may be able to get the money back from the account. Can someone contact me ASAP.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

drgrs2 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can someone contact me ASAP regarding a Transaction Dispute/Fraud. I have tried calling all numbers all morning and I keep getting passed around and I am stuck for time. I have been talking to the bank to which i have transferred the money to and the said to get BOI to talk to them and they may be able to get the money back from the account. Can someone contact me ASAP.
    Good Afternoon drgs2, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear that you were unable to reach Bank of Ireland Direct this morning. In order for us to assist you here, can I ask if this query is related to a transfer of funds via 365Online from your bank account or a transaction made using your Visa Debit Card? 

Just to mention, if you are registered for 365Online you can submit account specific queries via the Online Service Desk by choosing the option for 'Ask a Question'. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 drgrs2

drgrs2 wrote: »
    Hi,

Good Afternoon drgs2, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear that you were unable to reach Bank of Ireland Direct this morning. In order for us to assist you here, can I ask if this query is related to a transfer of funds via 365Online from your bank account or a transaction made using your Visa Debit Card? 

Just to mention, if you are registered for 365Online you can submit account specific queries via the Online Service Desk by choosing the option for 'Ask a Question'. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 
    Yes it was through 365 online. Can you help?

Hi drgrs2, 

Regrettably, we don't have account access here however, we're more than happy to address general banking queries.

When you make a transfer on 365Online by verifying 3 random digits of your pin number, we would be unable to reverse this transfer.  Our customer service representative can certainly trace this payment to confirm the destination and it's receipt. However, if you require the funds returned you will need to contact the payee directly.  

I hope this helps answer your query. 

Elaine

Hi drgrs2, 

Regrettably, we don't have account access here however, we're more than happy to address general banking queries.

When you make a transfer on 365Online by verifying 3 random digits of your pin number, we would be unable to reverse this transfer.  Our customer service representative can certainly trace this payment to confirm the destination and it's receipt. However, if you require the funds returned you will need to contact the payee directly.  

I hope this helps answer your query. 

Elaine
    I was in contact with the bank in the UK and they say it is possible to retrieve the monies if BOI contact the direct

Hi drgrs2, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

As we do not have account access here can I ask you to send your query through the Online Service Desk and mark it to the attention of the 'Customer Care' team. Also mention, that you were advised by ourselves here to do so and our team of representatives will be happy to fully investigate this for you and arrange a refund if at all possible. 

Thanks again, Elaine 

• Advertisement

Hi drgrs2, 

Thank you for coming back to us. 

As we do not have account access here can I ask you to send your query through the Online Service Desk and mark it to the attention of the 'Customer Care' team. Also mention, that you were advised by ourselves here to do so and our team of representatives will be happy to fully investigate this for you and arrange a refund if at all possible. 

Thanks again, Elaine 
    Elaine,

Have you the address I should send it to?

Hi drgrs2, 

If you log on to 365Online and select the Online Service Desk, choose the option for 'Ask a question' from the drop down box and type your query. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement