Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with new account - disappointing customer service

Options
  • 29-04-2016 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I have recently gotten a new full package with eir (including TV, Experience, Sky etc.). When I signed I agreed to get the HD pack for free in the first year and 5€ afterwards. When my service was activated I wasn't getting HD channels except RTE and TV3.

I had a chat with an agent about this today and I am sad to say that the experience was pathetic. He was very late to reply (3-4 mins some times between responses), not exactly a "live" chat experience. And he couldn't understand the issue, responding in irrelevant way. When I checked in myeir account it was showing as having the Free HD pack included. He was telling me that this was only for the irish channels and not the HD pack mentioned in the site.

In the end he told me chat with us on Monday to add the HD. When I confirmed about the addition, he said he meant by charging 5€ more, which of course was not the case from the beginning. Then I said that if they can't honor what we have agreed, I will have to cancel my order and he responded by giving me the necessary contact details to cancel. Very helpful indeed!

I have left VM almost exclusively due to their poor customer service, I had no other issues with their services. I decided to come to eir due to a great guy in the shop in Swords, who spent a lot of time explaining everything. I took the full package with all the add-ons and we had only this small glitch. And when I called to fix it I receive this totally poor response.

I don't plan to let the 14 days expire, so if I don't have a resolution today, I will have to cancel the whole package. And thanks to your very helpful agent I already have all the necessary details! 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi jdelis,

Thank you for getting in touch and I am extremely sorry to hear you have had this experience.

I can assure you this is not the level of service we aim to provide at Eir and I will be sure to relay your feedback onto the relevant department.

Unfortunately our HD pack does not cover all channels on Eir vision.

You can view the channels in the link below that is covered with our HD pack.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]https://www.eir.ie/tv/channels[/font]

I am very sorry you were not advised of this at the point of sale and I am really sorry I could not offer you some better news today on this.

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jdelis

Hi Ciara,

thank you for your quick reply. I know from the site which channels are included in the HD pack. The point is that I don't have them as available, except the RTE1, 2 and TV3. For example I don't have the HD versions of Fox, BBC, Discovery etc, which are parts of HD pack. Also myeir account shows in my add-ons the Free HD pack (I don't know if it is the same or not).

The issue at this point is that the agent was saying that I should pay 5€ more to get the HD add on and I am saying that I have agreed  to get it for free for the first year. And believe me it is not an issue of the 5€ for me but a matter of principal in getting what we have agreed on. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Unfortunately with the Free HD add on it will only include Irish channels.

If you wish to have the other channels in HD you do need to pay the extra €5.00 per month.

I do apologise that this was not outlined at the point of sale.

I would suggest you go back in store and take this up with the agent who signed you up.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

-Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jdelis

I went to the shop and spoken to the sales person we had done the deal. He was very helpful and spent about half an hour speaking on the phone . In the end the issue seemed to be that, although I had the experience pack, the HD was working like I didn't, so I was not getting the extra channels in HD. I went back home and did a reset to the device, as instructed and everything worked fine.

I must point out again that I had excellent service from the shop and actually got the whole package because of the guy there, who spent a lot of time to explain everything. Also the technician who came at home was very polite and helpful. Actually I had three times in the past a visit from eir(com) technician, both for an eir connection or for another provider, and they were always great.

So my contact with the customer service was a sad contrast from the excellent service I always had form eir staff in every other occasion. I really hope this is really the exemption and (as a friendly advice) you should be really looking at it, as it can destroy the good effort of other teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

I'm happy to hear this has been resolved for you. We appreciate your feedback on this. I will be sure to relay this onto the relevant team. Thanks again. - Stacey

• Advertisement
Advertisement