Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish water overcharging Loughrea

Options
  • 29-04-2016 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

Just a warning for IW customers in Loughrea scheme and there are 8500+ it would seem, we've been on boil water notice since 1st feb, I was charged full price for our cryptosporidium laced water, so people may want to check their bills for the quarter ended 31/3/2016, as they cant charge you for this "water"

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

I raised this issue with Irish Water last week in regard to another "boil water" notice area. I was told that a revised bill would issue, with a discount for the dodgy water supply. Although I've reluctantly paid the charges heretofore as they became due, it really says a lot about Irish Water that they couldn't even get their billing right ! It's all a bit academic now I suppose, given that water charges are to be suspended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

I'm in Loughrea and got my bill a few weeks ago, it had a discount applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

I'm in Loughrea and got my bill a few weeks ago, it had a discount applied.

Just curious, how much was the discount applied?

There was a line on my bill for

"Drinking water restriction discount (59 days)"

However the amount of the discount is left blank, and no changes to the capped amount have been applied.

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

Just curious, how much was the discount applied?

There was a line on my bill for

"Drinking water restriction discount (59 days)"

However the amount of the discount is left blank, and no changes to the capped amount have been applied.

Sorry, just saw this now it was a tenner discount, my bill my 20e after the discount.

Advertisement