Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 10), April 29-30

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Not confident about our trip to Cork tonight. Missing our no1 and no2 goalie and possibly Fagan aswell. Its going to be a tough ask to get anything.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hard to see anything other than a comfortable Dundalk win in Dalymount

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

interesting game in the Brandywell. Will the Longford game be a hiccup for Derry or will Sligo continue the supposedly improved performances of recent games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Hope City continue their good form and start to put away more chances, theres another 6 or 7 nil battering for a few teams in this league if we click on the night. I would take a 1-0 87th minute goal off Sheppards arse though.

Word of warning to Pats fans driving down, Munster are playing in Musgrave Park just up the road from TC at the same time tonight, they are expecting 8000 at that game, we are expecting over 3000 so if you are coming in from the South Ring Road side, its gonna be chocka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Fearing the worst for Bohs tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hopefully good crowd and good win tonight at the Cross.

We should win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

Big game in wexford for us, a win would put a big gap to the bottom 4. 8 out for definite (Scully out on cards, rest are injured), and 2 more doubtful. Thank god wexford missing a few inc Furlong who always always score against us.
    Team traveled down last night, considering we did return trips to galway & cork last week it shows Ollie is targeting this.... still, il take a draw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

dfx- wrote: »
    interesting game in the Brandywell. Will the Longford game be a hiccup for Derry or will Sligo continue the supposedly improved performances of recent games.

Longford are the worst team in the league, easily. I'm sure it was a hiccup for Derry. We were gifted two goals against Longford and once again did not show up in the second half against them.

I'd happily take a point tonight, but I don't see us getting anything unless the lads have figured out how to score!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    Longford are the worst team in the league, easily. I'm sure it was a hiccup for Derry. We were gifted two goals against Longford and once again did not show up in the second half against them.

I'd happily take a point tonight, but I don't see us getting anything unless the lads have figured out how to score!

...aaand we're 2-0 up! :D

It'd be a great 3 points if we can hold onto the lead. Another winnable game at home next week v Wexford to follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Oat23 wrote: »
    ...aaand we're 2-0 up! :D

It'd be a great 3 points if we can hold onto the lead. Another winnable game at home next week v Wexford to follow.
    We're going to win the league.

• Advertisement

Our usual calamitous defending costing us tonight, Long needs to sort it out quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Our usual calamitous defending costing us tonight, Long needs to sort it out quickly.
    Until we scored the opener Bohs were by far the better team. They were harrying and hussling Dundalk, not given them a second on the ball. Ben Mohammed was sublime for the first 35 minutes. Everything he did was excellent and he was causing Gannon all sorts of problems. Hell of a player. I reckon this year's Player of the Year will be won by Horgan but Ben Mohammed should definitely be in the conversation for it.

When we scored though Bohs heads seemed to drop and they were shite in the second half. Stroll in the park for us for the second 45 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Bohs huffed and puffed for the first 45 minutes. They hassled and harried but created nothing. It's all well and good but there is no end product.

Ben Mohammed was good but he was isolated and never threatened the goal.

A very comfortable win for Dundalk. They are much more solid this year (if less spectacular).

Yeah, not the first game that's panned out like that. Serious lack of backbone in the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Should Mulcahy have been red carded? I didn't have a good view of it from the away end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,051 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Easy victory for Sligo tonight. Derry weren't at the races.

Should Mulcahy have been red carded? I didn't have a good view of it from the away end.

Yeah, was a goal scoring opportunity for sure. Couldn't believe he wasnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bohs huffed and puffed for the first 45 minutes. They hassled and harried but created nothing. It's all well and good but there is no end product.

Ben Mohammed was good but he was isolated and never threatened the goal.

A very comfortable win for Dundalk. They are much more solid this year (if less spectacular).
    Think you're being a bit harsh on Bohs there. They created quite a few chances in the opening half hour. Kurtis scuffed a great chance when put through by Ben Mohamed and I think it was Boyle who blocked a shot in the box when Bohs looked odds on to score. Did a lot more than huff and puff. Won the midfield battle and used Ben Mohamed well out wide. If they play like that against most other teams in the league they'll do well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

A game where not much happened either way for an hour in Tallaght. A lovely second goal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The defence is a cause for concern at the moment with Bohs but the biggest problem is the fact that we have nobody in midfield who can pick a pass or dictate our play.

Lopes looked good there last year but has come off the boil completely. Dan Byrne looked ok in that position but he's not a natural midfielder. That's the bigger worry for me. We're using 6 defenders across the back 4 and the two in front of them.

Whatever about the quality of Creevy and Dillon, they were at least fighting for places in that midfield alongside Lopes last year.

Kurtis Byrne should be nowhere near the lone striker position. He's better suited in behind Quigley going forward I think.

It's just a shame that Jake Kelly is shíte otherwise I'd move Kelly out on the left and stick Ben Mohamed in behind a striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Awful game last night in Terryland, our worst performance of the season by a long way. We just never got going, gifted two goals by Longford and we then returned the favour in the second half. Injury to Cunningham also made it worse for us, probably/possibly a bad knee injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Good win for us on Friday, made hard work of it!

Advertisement