Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get from Heuston to Rathmines Road Upper?

Options
  • 29-04-2016 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Am travelling from Waterford to Rathmines next week and am getting the train with a family member. I will be getting off at Heuston and then need to get to Rathmines Road Upper.

Anyone have any ideas on which buses I could get? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Joe Exotic

Depends on time of week/day but taxi is quickest if its not busy, might cost max 15 euro(off peak times) if you want to use public transport then see below (Keep in mind the Luas strikes!! )

get Luas from the front of station into abbey street (stop after jervis shopping centre) and walk to the liffey to the Eden Quay, Marlborough Street, Stop 301.

Then get on to the 14 bus (towards dundrum) until you get to Rathmines Garda station (Rathmines road upper starts around 20/20 meters to the left of the station as you face the garda station, to the right of the station is the rathgar road)

From here it depends how far up rathmines rd upper you are going, but the entire length should be only ten mins walk at a reasonable pace.

if you want just buses there is a route planner on the dublin bus site

Route planner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

Even better would be to get the Luas from Heuston to Abbey Street, walk to O'Connell Street bus stop 6059 (almost directly opposite the GPO), get the 140 to Palmerstown Park. This bus route goes up Upper Rathmines Road to the terminus at Palmerston Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Gyalist wrote: »
    Even better would be to get the Luas from Heuston to Abbey Street, walk to O'Connell Street bus stop 6059 (almost directly opposite the GPO), get the 140 to Palmerstown Park. This bus route goes up Upper Rathmines Road to the terminus at Palmerston Park.

That would be great, I have time to kill so can go around o connell street.

Is that bus frequent, every 10 minutes or so? Also could I get that bus back from Rathmines to O'Connell st?

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

That would be great, I have time to kill so can go around o connell street.

Is that bus frequent, every 10 minutes or so? Also could I get that bus back from Rathmines to O'Connell st?

Thanks guys.

Yes and yes.
    Here's the timetable for the 140 route.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,721 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Easier and cheaper to use the bus for the whole trip.

Take the 145 bus from outside the front door of Heuston to D'Olier St.

Then from the same stop take the 140 to Rathmines, or the 14, 83, or 83a from two stops further along the street.

In the reverse direction, best options are either the 83, 83a, or 140 to Westmoreland St and the 145 from the first stop on Aston Quay.

You can also get the 14, 15, 15a, 15b, 65 and 65b but you'd need to get off on Dame Street at the Central Bank and walk to Aston Quay from there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement