Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone advise settings for this mod?

Options
  • 29-04-2016 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I have a Kamry 60 tc box. Today I bought a Uwell Crown tank. I'm using Virus e juice by Binary.
    I'm unsure on what wattage I should be using to get the best flavour and nice cloud.
    Any thoughts on this mod combination? Thanks guys and girls :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Maybe not the answer you want to hear, but you should have done a little research before buying anything if you're new to vaping.

Did you buy it locally? Whoever served you in the store should have walked you through it all, and gave recommendations. At least I would if I worked in a vape shop.

Ok, the mod you bought has TC capabilities, but you don't need to go near any of that for now. Just leave it in wattage/standard/regular mode [may depend on the device what it's called] - for the Uwell crown, well, it depends on what coil you have installed first?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Lmo

Maybe not the answer you want to hear, but you should have done a little research before buying anything if you're new to vaping.

Did you buy it locally? Whoever served you in the store should have walked you through it all, and gave recommendations. At least I would if I worked in a vape shop.

Ok, the mod you bought has TC capabilities, but you don't need to go near any of that for now. Just leave it in wattage/standard/regular mode [may depend on the device what it's called] - for the Uwell crown, well, it depends on what coil you have installed first?

To be fair he did but it was a lot of info to take in, the default coil that came in Crown pack I believe it's a 0.5 coil and a 0.25 coil.. Not sure which is in the tank as default.
    I didn't want a vape pen and thought I'd get a mod with a bigger battery and I wanted better quality juice and the Binary seems good.
    On the lcd on the Kamry mod it says 0.28 coil.. I'm using at 40.00w

Lmo wrote: »
    To be fair he did but it was a lot of info to take in, the default coil that came in Crown pack I believe it's a 0.5 coil and a 0.25 coil.. Not sure which is in the tank as default.
    I didn't want a vape pen and thought I'd get a mod with a bigger battery and I wanted better quality juice and the Binary seems good.
    On the lcd on the Kamry mod it says 0.28 coil.. I'm using at 40.00w

Ok, with the 0.28 coil, you're safe up to 60w or more even. One way to keep tabs on the power is to keep an eye on the volts [usually shown below the watts] - I tend to stick in around 4 - 4.2V, within that range you're usually safe. The 0.5 ohm coil will be good between 30w - 40w. You'll find your own preferred sweet spot.

It shouldn't matter what juice you're using, the only issue you'd have there is the PG/VG ratio. Higher PG juices can be harsher but tend to have more flavour, where high VG juices prefer higher wattage and give better cloud. They will still have good flavour, maybe not as intense, but it'll be sweeter. High VG 70+ is what you want for your clouds.

[edit] just looked up that Virus juice, says on the site I'm looking at 71% VG [odd number!] so that should be good for your clouds. You can go higher, there's 80+ VG juices, and they will give you even thicker clouds.

Ok, with the 0.28 coil, you're safe up to 60w or more even. One way to keep tabs on the power is to keep an eye on the volts [usually shown below the watts] - I tend to stick in around 4 - 4.2V, within that range you're usually safe. The 0.5 ohm coil will be good between 30w - 40w. You'll find your own preferred sweet spot.

It shouldn't matter what juice you're using, the only issue you'd have there is the PG/VG ratio. Higher PG juices can be harsher but tend to have more flavour, where high VG juices prefer higher wattage and give better cloud. They will still have good flavour, maybe not as intense, but it'll be sweeter. High VG 70+ is what you want for your clouds.

[edit] just looked up that Virus juice, says on the site I'm looking at 71% VG [odd number!] so that should be good for your clouds. You can go higher, there's 80+ VG juices, and they will give you even thicker clouds.

Super useful information thanks very much! The juice I got is 72vg 25pg
    Is it OK to mix juices? I have small amount of 'Virus' in the tank if I add some 'array' Juice is that safe.

Yeah, course, the only thing that can go wrong is if the flavours don't mix well. If the juices are the same nic level, all the better, if not, then you will change the nic level by mixing. Same with the VG/PG, but most juices these days tend to be on the higher VG side. But, a good ol' shake up and you've got a new juice pretty much.

• Advertisement

Yeah, course, the only thing that can go wrong is if the flavours don't mix well. If the juices are the same nic level, all the better, if not, then you will change the nic level by mixing. Same with the VG/PG, but most juices these days tend to be on the higher VG side. But, a good ol' shake up and you've got a new juice pretty much.

Wicked! One thing I'm noticing is that I have to hold down the button for a few seconds before I start to get a nice vape.. Like 4 seconds before it gets going

Shouldn't be that long, it'll be because you're not using enough power. Which isn't a bad thing, you're being cautious ;) With the 0.25 ohm coil you should be up in the 60w region really, you'll find it should ramp up much quicker. If you're wary of that, then switch that coil out and try the 0.5ohm. That'll light up quick enough at 30w+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Lmo wrote:
    To be fair he did but it was a lot of info to take in, the default coil that came in Crown pack I believe it's a 0.5 coil and a 0.25 coil.. Not sure which is in the tank as default. I didn't want a vape pen and thought I'd get a mod with a bigger battery and I wanted better quality juice and the Binary seems good. On the lcd on the Kamry mod it says 0.28 coil.. I'm using at 40.00w

The Crown is a fantastic sub ohm tank but the one thing those two coils that you have need is plenty of power. Your Kamry just may not be up to it and I'm surprised any knowledgeable vape sales person would pair that tank with that particular mod and also that they would even sell that type of tank to someone that may not realise the potential of what they have.
    The delay your experiencing is called ramp up, meaning the coil isn't getting enough power fast enough to heat. The 40 watts that your using will not fire either of those coils properly and will only deplete your battery.
    The 0.5 coil works really well at 60/70 watts and the 0.25 needs 75/85 watts and the flavour and clouds produced at those settings is fantastic. It's a direct lung inhale tank and not suitable for mouth to lung although I'm sure there are some who use it for mtl but in general it would not be used like that.
    Personally I'd be pretty pi..ed off with your sales person and avoid them as if they had plague, there are plenty of good tanks available to get you going and if you want to sell the Crown there's lots here would take it off you.
    Any questions just post it here and someone will sort it for you.

Advertisement