Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Punisher - Netflix (**Spoilers**)

• 29-04-2016 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭

The Punisher

Netflix orders The Punisher series.
    Confirming reports from earlier this year that it was in development (though Marvel downplayed the possibility at the time), The Punisher - as introduced in Marvel's Daredevil: Season 2 - is getting his own Netflix spinoff series.

As first reported by Entertainment Weekly, Jon Bernthal will be reprising his role as the tortured vigilante, while Steve Lightfoot, who served as a writer and executive producer on Hannibal, will be showrunner on the series.

“We want to thank the fans who are clamoring for more of Jon’s stunning and powerful performance as Frank Castle from Marvel’s Daredevil,” said Executive Producer/Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb in a press release, “Now combined with Showrunner Steve Lightfoot’s compelling writing, we’re thrilled to bring Marvel’s The Punisher to Netflix.”

Said Lightfoot, in a statement, “For me, the complexity and unpredictability of Frank Castle make him an incredibly compelling character and I couldn’t be more excited to dive into his world. After watching Jon’s performance in Marvel’s Daredevil I could not be more excited to be working with him to further develop and progress the story of this anti-hero in a show of his own.”

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/04/29/netflix-orders-the-punisher-series

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,606 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

YES! YES! YES! Fantastic news!!!

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yuhs!

still can't buy that book anywhere :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭George Michael

he was probably the best thing about season 2 of daredevil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Sono

Great news, he was fantastic in daredevil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Was rumoured for a while, thankfully it's true. Could be the best one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Yes!!!
    The gatling gun will be getting some action!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Smertrius

the punisher has big flaw with no skull symbol then he isnt the punisher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Smertrius wrote: »
    the punisher has big flaw with no skull symbol then he isnt the punisher

Complete bollox but whatever. He has the skull symbol
    in the last episode of Daredevil.

so nobody sees to care that daredevil is still missing dd logo on his costume, so logo are not important nowadays, he isn't daredevil without his symbol. he always has his dd on his costume in comics, the cartoons, the daredevil movie but no dd symbol in tv series weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Smertrius wrote: »
    so nobody sees to care that daredevil is still missing dd logo on his costume, so logo are not important nowadays, he isn't daredevil without his symbol. he always has his dd on his costume in comics, the cartoons, the daredevil movie but no dd symbol in tv series weird

Nope nobody cares. He has horns ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

If anything, I thought he was way more kick ass as the man in the mask.

its on netflix an app that is €10 per month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I always find the difference between Jon Bernthal and the characters he plays crazy. In a lot of his roles, he's either this unhinged or crazy/intense person (Daredevil/Fury/Walking Dead), yet in interviews he's nothing but utterly charming, wonderful, and really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Jon Bernthal seems like a likable chap..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jaime Ray Newman joins the cast.

Jaime Ray Newman joins the cast.

Daniel Webber, Jason R. Moore, Paul Schulze and Michael Nathanson have also been cast
    http://www.slashfilm.com/punisher-coming-in-2017/

• Advertisement

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio joins the cast.

17817892_184742608703446_5358425864486780928_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQ4NzMxNzA2MzE1OTUyMjI1MA%3D%3D.2

First pic from the set.
    17932252_209110362915756_3285454964154957824_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTQ5MjE0MDg4NzM2MTI1NzgzMg%3D%3D.2

Another promo pic.

Punisher-03192016-e1458404459206.png

So, do you think there will be any gun violence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

flazio wrote: »
    So, do you think there will be any gun violence?

just the "PG" type where he makes weapon noises while pointing his finger

pew pew :D

If anyone is watching Fargo at the moment Irish director Dearbhla Walsh just directed the last two amazing episodes she now down to direct a number of episodes of The Punisher if those Fargo episodes are anything to go by we are going to be in for treat.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

It may be released in November.

From an interview with Dearbhla Walsh.

When asked if her recent shoot in Canada for Fargo was her first time directing a TV episode in North America, Walsh replied, "One other time that hasn't been aired yet, which was an episode for the new Marvel series The Punisher, which I did just before Christmas, but it's not airing until November. I directed that in New York and edited in L.A., but this was my first directing experience in lovely Canada."

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2017/06/01/netflixs-the-punisher-reportedly-premiering-in-november

So far away!

but like.. if it debuted earlier it would compet... LOSE* to Stranger Things season 2 :-)

*maybe**

** I hope

This doesn't have any content bar the logo yet I am full of Hype!
    https://twitter.com/ThePunisher/status/887700097147912193

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Cant wait for this. Loved how the character was portrayed in Daredevil. Still have to watch Luke Cage and Jessica Jones too first but Punisher is the one Im waiting for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

One Batch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Two batch...

Penny and Dime!

Netflix have put up the trailer in HD on their own channel:

Netflix's Punisher Series Will Be the Most Dark and Brutal Part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/netflixs-punisher-series-will-be-the-most-dark-and-brut-1815718452
    Said Bernthal:

This season is much darker as it goes, it gets darker and darker and more visceral. The show takes you on this journey of Frank becoming more and more human again and then shutting off and shutting off and going back to what works for him, and the place where he kind of belongs, and I think that’s a place of solitude and of darkness and destruction. It’s going to get into as dark and as brutal a place as you’ve ever seen in the Marvel world, I can promise you that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Exactly what I want to hear.

Bring on the brutality.

Is there a date set?

Not that I can remember. Wiki has this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Punisher_(TV_series)
    In early September 2017, Dominic Patten and Denise Petski of Deadline.com commented on the lack of specific release date for the series at the time, calling it "an unusual", "rare move for Marvel and Netflix, who usually give a lot of lead-up to the launch of the high profile and much anticipated series." The pair felt with the increased marketing of the series, it would release "sooner rather than later".

Maybe it could be this weekend.

Inhumans kicks off the following weekend and while it's not netflix, it is a marvel show. Stranger Things then drops three weeks later.

Although, this weekend would be against the new Kingsman film in the cinema. New Blade Runner in the cinema two weeks later.

unless they're leaving it to November.

Hrmmm.. I dunno.

They are keeping the release date secert.

I have a feeling the will drop it with advertising it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That looks great. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Teasing bastards , I reckon November , They'll hardly want to take focus off Stranger Things in October will they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

New York comic con is on the 6th of October, they've a panel on there so might just announce it as being out then. Would leave a 3 week gap before stranger things.
    They're really pushing the redacted release date in all their tweets so would presume it'll be released without warning, would be a bit of a let down if they've all this build up and just announce its release in a normal way

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Any chance we get this released on Friday? They just released another teaser and i don't think Netflix have a big release set.

• Advertisement
Advertisement