Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in Cork

Options
  • 29-04-2016 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, hoping someone can help me out here. My bf has moved to a place in Dillon's Cross that doesn't have a parking space (none of them drive), but I'm trying to figure out where to leave my car when I'm visiting for an overnight. I've checked all the roads near his place, and they all seem to operate on 2hr disc parking during the day. I assume renewing a disc every 2 hours wouldn't be allowed?

Is my only option to park in one of the city centre car parks and walk out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Diziet

Check the times the disks are required. Usually they are until 6pm or so, and free on Sundays and bank holidays, so you should be ok for most of the weekend. In fact, you can probably find non disk parking a little further away from town, not far to walk from Dillon's Cross. Closer than a city car part, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Around the corner from the red setter a closed pub you will see cars parked no problem parking there also after 6.30 the discs end.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

ofcork wrote: »
    Around the corner from the red setter a closed pub you will see cars parked no problem parking there also after 6.30 the discs end.

Sounds good, I checked it on google maps and that's very near his place, would be brilliant if I could park there :) My days off change all the time so I wouldn't always be able to stay Sat night into Sunday when the disc parking is free.

I've holidays coming up and would be nice to stay a couple of nights without paying a fortune for parking/having to move the car every 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Should be no problem there always cars parked there.

Advertisement