Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying things your Mother-in-Law does, or did?

Options
  • 29-04-2016 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭

Assuming that your MIL is not on boards, or she is but your not scared of her LOL, what annoying thing(s) does your mother-in-law do/did?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Not die.

Ah im only messing. She is a lovely lady, leaves both of us to ruin our own lives.

Cant complain really :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

one annoying thing was she would use the dish drying up cloth / teatowel to wipe kitchen floor ... and then put it up back on the dishes on the drainer!! - caught her doing it a few times ... dirty mare! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

My mother in law turns up at our door every Christmas, Easter and August Bank Holiday unannounced without fail.

Next time, we're thinking of letting her in

I haven't spoken to her in years.

We've never fell out or anything, I just don't like to interrupt her.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Annoying thing she did: driving me into a murderous rage.

Annoying thing she does now: not supporting the new patio very well. It's starting to sag in the middle.

*please note, I am not and have never been married

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Will interrupt someone with an unrelated, uninteresting story about herself. And then repeat it a half dozen times. Just to make sure she squeezes out all the intereste/ sympathy she can get.
    Adorable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

My father in law. Presumably four times at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

Lived with us helping with kids for 6 months and never learnt my language the selfish cow!

Shes actually a lovely lady really, very laid back, too much sometimes and very left wing. Cant understand the marraige really, my father in law makes Hitler sound mellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Calling to the house without letting us know before hand,does this constantly and out stays her welcome by hours. Drives me nuts. I don't mind people calling but a quick text to let us know would be nice, to at least give us time to straighten out the house.

Coopaloop wrote: »
    Calling to the house without letting us know before hand,does this constantly and out stays her welcome by hours. Drives me nuts. I don't mind people calling but a quick text to let us know would be nice, to at least give us time to straighten out the house.

yeah that would frustrate the hell out of me too

I read a story once that a couple bought a nice pricey top of the range stainless steel kitchen and the wifes mother said to them you go out and enjoy yourself I will look after the place - when they come home the mother inlaw says 'I have giving your appliances a good clean whilst you were out' ..... turned out she scrubbed them with brillo pad and jif scourer, took off all the protective finish of them lol :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Sold my bmw I had spent 2 years rebuilding for less than I paid for the shock absorbers because I left it parked up for 6 months while I was out of the country.

She's first on the list of we ever have a 'purge' day. Until then I just passionately hate the woman. She never stops talking, from the moment she wakes till the moment she sleeps her mouth just flaps with nothing of any interest said. Awful woman, makes me shudder just thinking of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

The MIL passed away last year at a good age. Lovely woman may she rest in peace.

It's the other In Laws that were always the problem for me anyway. Jealous sh"it stirring feckers.

But they are from the country, I am not, so there may be a cultural difference there.

I need to deal with this. OH doesn't give a dam. They are down the country we are here, feck them is his attitude. But hey, they get on my nerves.

I on the other hand am a perfect person let it be said!

Therapy is required.

everything was an 'emergency' with my MIL. 'The sky box wont turn on!' Ok I will look when i'm next down tomorrow, "well can you call down now?" ..... "my light bulb has blown in the frontroom" - I will change it tomorrow, "oh right, no chance of you calling around now is there?" - "the clocks are going back and the outside lights on the timer need changing and the time clock is up in the loft ... and I am old and defenseless - you couldnt call around now can you? ... and it went on and on and on..... little stupid jobs that my 'strong manning' son in law can do and she used to say to people "and he just drops everything and sorts out his mammy inlaw" ..... - if I didnt drop every thing and call straight around to fix stuff she would sulk and give you an even harder time than normal so for a quiet life .....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,571 ✭✭✭✭Sand

everything was an 'emergency' with my MIL. 'The sky box wont turn on!' Ok I will look when i'm next down tomorrow, "well can you call down now?" ..... "my light bulb has blown in the frontroom" - I will change it tomorrow, "oh right, no chance of you calling around now is there?" - "the clocks are going back and the outside lights on the timer need changing and the time clock is up in the loft ... and I am old and defenseless - you couldnt call around now can you? ... and it went on and on and on..... little stupid jobs that my 'strong manning' son in law can do and she used to say to people "and he just drops everything and sorts out his mammy inlaw" ..... - if I didnt drop every thing and call straight around to fix stuff she would sulk and give you an even harder time than normal so for a quiet life .....

You'll get your reward in heaven.

Sand wrote: »
    You'll get your reward in heaven.

funny enough thats what she used to say :D ...

I cant make up me mind yet whether I want to go to heaven or hell , Heaven might be boring with all them harps and everything, and I never have been good with heights ....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,319 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Or, the other place, Andy.
    Ah, you beat me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Breathes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Sticking her shyting know all beak in to every little thing and whispering advice/instructions in to her daughters ear.

Won't say a word against my MIL, but would have swapped her for my own any day.

if my mrs starts to sound like her mother or do things like her mother did I reign her in, and i tell her! :D - and i often say when she's like that i go "you are becoming just like your mother , I should have married her and cut out the middle man!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭The Sidewards Man

She refuses to flush the toilet, god damn water charges having to put up with her turds in the jacks.

She refuses to flush the toilet, god damn water charges having to put up with her turds in the jacks.

eeew lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Lovely lady but she used to rearrange the dishwasher after I'd filled it when I lived with her for a while. Obviously I never said anything as she was so good to have us but it used to drive me crazy.

fineso, some people in life seem to be born without the 'let it go' gene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

The Mother-In-Law used to always be sticking forks in the toaster with wet hands out in a field during thunder storms.

And sure that's how she died in the end.....

......lying about stuff like me while being eaten away by cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

You should love your Mother-in-law. You'll be married to her in 30 years.

You should love your Mother-in-law. You'll be married to her in 30 years.

Haaha - please God no!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Haaha - please God no!

It's inevitable!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Haaha - please God no!

not always 'cos genetics n stuff is proper tricky ......... but say you look at other things :

http://bit.ly/1N8KdLo

doomed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

My now deceased mil (understandably) hated me when my marriage to her daughter broke up, but 23 years later I was living wth another lady and mil knew her mother, she went down to the mothers house and said that so so living with your daughter used to be married to My daughter and precedent to take out our 23 year old wedding album as the proof and show the whole family.

Advertisement